Re: [sig] Looking for a book

  • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
      For sale? Abebooks.com lists 1, very expensive copy.

      To look at? Check worldcat.org to see what museum libraries have a copy
      and see if one near you would let you look at it.

      --
      -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
      jenne@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
        I am looking for a copy also. Abebooks has had a couple listed but they were all well out of my price range.
        Valkai Istvan

        For sale? Abebooks.com lists 1, very expensive copy.

        To look at? Check worldcat.org to see what museum libraries have a copy

        and see if one near you would let you look at it.

        > I am looking for a book that is no longer published and I need help.

        > The ancient Hungarians: Exhibition Catalogue

        > By István Fodor, József Hapák

        > Published by Hungarian National Museum, 1996

        > ISBN 9639046051, 9789639046054

        > 477 pages

        > Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this book?

        --

        -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

        jenne@fiedlerfamily .net

      • kevin purtrell
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
          Checking WorldCat, the Univ of California & Univ. of Michigan have it.
          Your local Library should be able to get it for you.

          -Kevin Ambrozijwski

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
            Powell's in Chicago has 1 copy for $225.00

            Kevin Ambrozijwski

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
              Any one in the Midrealm interested in sharing a copy? I can afford that at least.
              Istvan

              From: charles stefanich <mos6238@yahoo. com>

              To: sig@yahoogroups. com

              Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 1:50 PM

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                Hey there, everyone,

                Just a check in to see if anyone else is heading to
                Market Day At Birka in the EK, Barony of Stonemarche,
                next weekend (1/31). I will be there.

                --cheers,
                Sfandra Dmitrieva

                ******************
                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                Haus Von Drakenklaue
                Kingdom of the East
                ******************
                Never 'pearl' your butt.
              • Catherine Olanich Raymond
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                  On Wednesday 21 January 2009 3:03:17 pm charles stefanich wrote:
                  > Any one in the Midrealm interested in sharing a copy? I can afford that at
                  > least. Istvan

                  If you really want a copy of your own, keep looking and checking (on-line
                  vendors of books, and elsewhere) often. It may take years, but one may well
                  turn up that you can afford--that's happened to me more than once.

                  --
                  Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

                  "If someone offers you a dead dog for lunch, you don't stick around for the
                  pudding." --Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

                • Fred Stillman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                    I own a copy I bought it from the Hungarian National Museum. when I was there 2 years ago. I bought almost every book they had.
                    I will post a list of what I bought. when I get a few.

                    I'm in the Midrealm in michigan is you would like to look at them,

                    A'kos of Roaring Wastes

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 22, 2009
                      That would be great. I'm in Pittsburgh, Pa. We will have to coordinate some events that we could met at.

                      I wonder if the Hungarian National Museum will sale and ship to the states...

                      Andreas