Looking for a book

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
      I am looking for a book that is no longer published and I need help.

      The ancient Hungarians: Exhibition Catalogue
      By István Fodor, József Hapák
      Published by Hungarian National Museum, 1996
      ISBN 9639046051, 9789639046054
      477 pages

      Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this book?
    • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
        For sale? Abebooks.com lists 1, very expensive copy.

        To look at? Check worldcat.org to see what museum libraries have a copy
        and see if one near you would let you look at it.

        --
        -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
        jenne@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
          I am looking for a copy also. Abebooks has had a couple listed but they were all well out of my price range.
          Valkai Istvan

          For sale? Abebooks.com lists 1, very expensive copy.

          To look at? Check worldcat.org to see what museum libraries have a copy

          and see if one near you would let you look at it.

          > I am looking for a book that is no longer published and I need help.

          > The ancient Hungarians: Exhibition Catalogue

          > By István Fodor, József Hapák

          > Published by Hungarian National Museum, 1996

          > ISBN 9639046051, 9789639046054

          > 477 pages

          > Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of this book?

          --

          -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

          jenne@fiedlerfamily .net

        • kevin purtrell
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
            Checking WorldCat, the Univ of California & Univ. of Michigan have it.
            Your local Library should be able to get it for you.

            -Kevin Ambrozijwski

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
              Powell's in Chicago has 1 copy for $225.00

              Kevin Ambrozijwski

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                Any one in the Midrealm interested in sharing a copy? I can afford that at least.
                Istvan

                From: charles stefanich <mos6238@yahoo. com>

                To: sig@yahoogroups. com

                Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 1:50 PM

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                  Hey there, everyone,

                  Just a check in to see if anyone else is heading to
                  Market Day At Birka in the EK, Barony of Stonemarche,
                  next weekend (1/31). I will be there.

                  --cheers,
                  Sfandra Dmitrieva

                  ******************
                  Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  Kingdom of the East
                  ******************
                  Never 'pearl' your butt.
                • Catherine Olanich Raymond
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                    On Wednesday 21 January 2009 3:03:17 pm charles stefanich wrote:
                    > Any one in the Midrealm interested in sharing a copy? I can afford that at
                    > least. Istvan

                    If you really want a copy of your own, keep looking and checking (on-line
                    vendors of books, and elsewhere) often. It may take years, but one may well
                    turn up that you can afford--that's happened to me more than once.

                    --
                    Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

                    "If someone offers you a dead dog for lunch, you don't stick around for the
                    pudding." --Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

                  • Fred Stillman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 21, 2009
                      I own a copy I bought it from the Hungarian National Museum. when I was there 2 years ago. I bought almost every book they had.
                      I will post a list of what I bought. when I get a few.

                      I'm in the Midrealm in michigan is you would like to look at them,

                      A'kos of Roaring Wastes

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 22, 2009
                        That would be great. I'm in Pittsburgh, Pa. We will have to coordinate some events that we could met at.

                        I wonder if the Hungarian National Museum will sale and ship to the states...

                        Andreas