Re: Caucusus cooking

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2009
      Yummmmm. :-)

      I've only had the Russian version from the old Time-Life "Russian
      Cooking" set. The Balkan version, which is one of my favorite comfort
      foods, is called "ajvar" [EYE-var, for the English speakers] and has
      no tomatoes but *a lot* of red bell pepper -- it's a beautiful deep
      red color and the flavor is wonderful. Thank goodness, there's a
      small independent grocery store in my town that imports it!!

      Let us know how your feast guests rave about Baklazhannaya Ikra --
      'cause we know they will.

      Susanna

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

      > Yes it is indeed the recipie involving eggplant, tomatoes and bell
      peppers. Though my family recipe does not use bell peppers.
      > Lada

      <snipped>