Re: [sig] Spring Polish Event

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 20, 2009
      Fiber and forges? Any archery?

      Best Regards,
      'dok

      --- On Tue, 1/20/09, panimagdalena56 <nunother56@...> wrote:

      From: panimagdalena56 <nunother56@...>
      Subject: [sig] Spring Polish Event
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 9:58 AM

      Greetings all. I am so glad to see SLUM continue!

      If you are near Pennsylvania April 18, 2009, stop in to the Wiosna
      event near Harrisburg. This is a spring event being hosted by the
      Shire of Blak Rose. The theme of the event is spring (Wiosna) in
      Poland. The focus is fiber and forges (and possibly fighting) being
      tied in to get the country manor ready for a new growing season. I'm
      autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.

      We are working on an event webpage right now but you can currently see
      event details on the East Kingdom Event page.

      Hope to see you there!

      YIS
      Pani Magdalena Gdanska

    • Patoodle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 21, 2009
        AARGH! I wish I could go, since I'm a reasonable drive from Harrisburg, but my home Barony is having a Performers' Revel?on April 18 (and I'm a musician), PLUS another dance/music group that I'm in will be appearing at a gathering of reenactors the same day. Too many things all on the same Saturday!

        (This does give me an idea for having some sort of Eastern-Europe-type event in the future ... hmmm....)

        Aciu (Thanks),
        Patricia of Trakai
        Barony of Storvik in Atlantia

        Greetings all. I am so glad to see SLUM continue!

        If you are near Pennsylvania April 18, 2009, stop in to the Wiosna
        event near Harrisburg. This is a spring event being hosted by the
        Shire of Blak Rose. The theme of the event is spring (Wiosna) in
        Poland. The focus is fiber and forges (and possibly fighting) being
        tied in to get the country manor ready for a new growing season. I'm
        autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.

        We are working on an event webpage right now but you can currently see
        event details on the East Kingdom Event page.

        Hope to see you there!

        YIS
        Pani Magdalena Gdanska

      • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 21, 2009
          I'm
          > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.

          *rolls eyes towards Asfridhr* "Geez, the cool stuff happens everywhere
          else!!"

          *sigh*
          Pani Nawojka
        • quokkaqueen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 22, 2009
            Well, we could always organise something Nawojka, and then try to
            convince the SIG list to come visit _us_ for a relaxing,
            southern-hemisphere holiday... :)

            (I suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
            too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
            of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)

            ~Asfridhr

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rosie (aka Nawojka)" <Rosie_0801@...> wrote:

            > I'm
            > > autocrat and planning a menu of the Polish foods I grew up with.
            >

            > *rolls eyes towards Asfridhr* "Geez, the cool stuff happens everywhere
            > else!!"
            >
            > *sigh*
            > Pani Nawojka

          • Rosie (aka Nawojka)
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 23, 2009
              > (I'd suggest we organise something, but I think we're both going to be
              > too busy this year. Hmm... silly of us to let real life get in the way
              > of hobbies. Maybe we should delegate, or just import Magdalena?)
              >
              > ~Asfridhr

              Yeah, we'll pass the hat around. If the fighter types can put in to
              import two scarily good Dukes, surely there'll be people around to
              chip in for something INTERESTING!
              ;)
              Nawojka
            • panimagdalena56
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                > Fiber and forges? Any archery?

                We have an archery marshall who has offered her services. We just
                need to scope out the site. How did you know?

                As far as importing me, I'd love to see your part of the world!
                Just make it your spring or summer so I can escape winter here.

                I also have interest from shire members to make Polish garb. What
                we'll end up doing is late period wams (doublet type bodices) and
                skirts and possibly matching colpaks with feathers of course!

                We have a growing music and dancing interest. The leader and I have
                decided upon Italian ren dances since Good Queen Bona brought the
                Renaissance to Poland and was Italian.

                We are a smallish shire but these people are great. I can't say
                enough good about my shire. They have grabbed hold of this and are
                coming up with all kinds of great ideas. The lastest is a quest with
                the questions being things to teach about Poland.

                In Service,
                Magdalena
              • Rick Orli
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 27, 2009
                  I'll mention it to our 17th C. group. Most of us sometimes do SCA
                  events, although there is a conflicting event in Maryland.

                  I think I posted information here about our Cossack-Polish-Muscovite
                  battle event On Oct 3-4. Please note changed date.
                  We do invite anyone from the SCA with an eastern interest, who can
                  approximatly portray 17th C. We are especially short on Muscovites
                  to beat up on, so come on down!

                  The event was requested by the Ukrainian homestead in PA, who are
                  good friends of reenactors and the site of several sca events.
                  Should be a festive setting with lots of Ukrainian food and crafts
                  and a large public audience. Lets support them please!

                  And of course, we use black powder and will even have a live fire
                  range set up.
                  Please contact me if you have questions - Rick
                  som at kismeta .dot. com

                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:

                  > Fiber and forges? Any archery?
                  >
                  > Best Regards,
                  > 'dok
                  > "Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"

                • panimagdalena56
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                    I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
                    overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

                    But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering doing
                    a similar event in 2010.

                    I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display. Is
                    there a fee for your October event?

                    Magdalena
                  • Rick Orli
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                      No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by
                      arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a
                      show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they
                      are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one
                      weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could
                      become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our
                      cards right)
                      -Rick
                      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@...> wrote:

                      > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to
                      > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.
                      >
                      > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering
                      doing
                      > a similar event in 2010.
                      >
                      > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.
                      Is
                      > there a fee for your October event?
                      >
                      > Magdalena

                    • charles stefanich
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                        Unfortunately with the current economic situation travel to either event is out for me,but hope springs eternal and will be looking for both these in the future. Since those really great Polish fashions are modeled on Hungarian dress a Magyar might fit in very nicely.
                        Valkai Istvan

                        No fee, in fact they will materially support us, especially by

                        arranging for horses etc. (Unlike most SCA events, We are putting on a

                        show for the public and for them this is a potential money raiser; they

                        are possibly thinking of eventually doing something like a mini one

                        weekend ren-faire type of thing, to draw in the Public. This could

                        become a key annual slavic event, if we (meaning you too!) play our

                        cards right)

                        -Rick

                        --- In sig@yahoogroups. com, "panimagdalena56" <nunother56@ ...> wrote:

                        > I know the site well. Scheduling conflicts are the hardest thing to

                        > overcome. We were locked into the site and date with a down payment.

                        > But there seems to be a lot of interest. I'm already considering

                        doing

                        > a similar event in 2010.

                        > I would love to have Hussars present even it it's just for display.

                        Is

                        > there a fee for your October event?

                        > Magdalena

                      • panimagdalena56
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 28, 2009
                          Do you have an announcement for this event? I could print some off and
                          have handouts available at our troll (registration). Free PR.

                          MG