Re: [sig] Re:Map of Moscow

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
      I believe it is period or close to it. I've seen it often but never really
      paid attention because I was looking for something else. <sigh>

      Thanks for any help!

      Mir!
      Tatjana
      Calontir

      "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

      Wolf and Tiger Woodworking
      http://www.wolfandtiger.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
        I will be going to Moscow in 2 weeks YAY!

        I'm going to see my grandfather for his B-day,
        but on my agenda is also to visit:
        "the Museum of History of Moscow" Muzey Istohree Moskvih
        and "The Armory" Oruzhehynaya Palata
        I don't knwo if they'll let me take pictures, but I will be looking to buy catalogs and whatever else I'll be able to find. And I'll be making drawings of things i'll be making sketches

        Anyone wants me to look for anything specific? I already have request for later period garb.
        I will also be attempting to visit some bookstores.

        Lada

        Oooooh...
        SHINY!

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
          Oh you wonderful person!
          I need any falconry stuff, gloves, hawks hoods, anything like that.
          Also I would love a picture of Ivan the Terribles Saddle and any accoutrements that go with it. I have Mikhails and Boris gudinovs Saddles but I know there is an Ivan saddle at the armoury, they just haven't published it.
          I would also be interested in any later period clothing you find.
          Thanks so much forĀ  sharing!!!
          regards,

          There is a fine line between sharing dreams and enabling illusion.

          Shadenfroid: the pathetic joy you shamelessly get from the misery of others..

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
            I found this Russian link to some maps of Moscow. It is in Russian,
            though, but even if you don't read Russian, the individual links have
            years in parenthesis of when the map was done. The images are a bit
            small though. I'll keep looking for better version.
            Tatiana

            http://testan.rusgor.ru/moscow/maps/

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "tatjanatiger" <tiger@...> wrote:

            > I'm hoping someone can help me. There is a map of Moscow that I've

            > Mir!
            > Tatjana,
            > Calontir

          • gigglesheep
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
              Greetings Lada!

              Thank you kindly for your offer to look things up. If you come across
              any shoes, especially embroidered ones, I'd appreciate a
              picture/drawing,also any spinning implements are of interest.

              Thanks again,
              Tatiana
              Outlands

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 10, 2008
                Lada,

                If you would be so kind, I'd be particularly
                interested in pictures of any clothing & accessories:
                shoes, hats, crowns, etc, in the museums.

                Many thanks (and omg am i jealous!! have fun!! :D)
                --Sfandra

                --- Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

                > I will be going to Moscow in 2 weeks YAY!
                >
                > I'm going to see my grandfather for his B-day,
                > but on my agenda is also to visit:
                > "the Museum of History of Moscow" Muzey Istohree
                > Moskvih
                > and "The Armory" Oruzhehynaya Palata
                > I don't knwo if they'll let me take pictures, but I
                > will be looking to buy catalogs and whatever else
                > I'll be able to find. And I'll be making drawings of
                > things i'll be making sketches
                >
                > Anyone wants me to look for anything specific? I
                > already have request for later period garb.
                > I will also be attempting to visit some bookstores.
                >
                > Lada

                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                Haus Von Drakenklaue
                Kingdom of the East