Map of Moscow

  • tatjanatiger
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2008
      I'm hoping someone can help me. There is a map of Moscow that I've
      seen a million times during my research, but now that I want it, I
      can't find it! It was a drawing of Moscow, not exactly an overhead
      view type of map. It showed the walled city and buildings. It's been
      a while since I've seen it, so I don't remember all the details. Does
      anyone have a clue what I'm talking about? And if so, where can I
      find it?

      Mir!
      Tatjana,
      Calontir
    • Tatiana Golter
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
        I assume that you need a period map?
        I'll look for it and let you know.
        Tatiana Moskovskaia
        Outlands
        --
        If the only prayer you say in you life is "Thank you", that would suffice.

      • Barbara
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
          I believe it is period or close to it. I've seen it often but never really
          paid attention because I was looking for something else. <sigh>

          Thanks for any help!

          Mir!
          Tatjana
          Calontir

          "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

          Wolf and Tiger Woodworking
          http://www.wolfandtiger.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
            I will be going to Moscow in 2 weeks YAY!

            I'm going to see my grandfather for his B-day,
            but on my agenda is also to visit:
            "the Museum of History of Moscow" Muzey Istohree Moskvih
            and "The Armory" Oruzhehynaya Palata
            I don't knwo if they'll let me take pictures, but I will be looking to buy catalogs and whatever else I'll be able to find. And I'll be making drawings of things i'll be making sketches

            Anyone wants me to look for anything specific? I already have request for later period garb.
            I will also be attempting to visit some bookstores.

            Lada

            Oooooh...
            SHINY!

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
              Oh you wonderful person!
              I need any falconry stuff, gloves, hawks hoods, anything like that.
              Also I would love a picture of Ivan the Terribles Saddle and any accoutrements that go with it. I have Mikhails and Boris gudinovs Saddles but I know there is an Ivan saddle at the armoury, they just haven't published it.
              I would also be interested in any later period clothing you find.
              Thanks so much forĀ  sharing!!!
              regards,

              There is a fine line between sharing dreams and enabling illusion.

              Shadenfroid: the pathetic joy you shamelessly get from the misery of others..

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
                I found this Russian link to some maps of Moscow. It is in Russian,
                though, but even if you don't read Russian, the individual links have
                years in parenthesis of when the map was done. The images are a bit
                small though. I'll keep looking for better version.
                Tatiana

                http://testan.rusgor.ru/moscow/maps/

                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "tatjanatiger" <tiger@...> wrote:

                > I'm hoping someone can help me. There is a map of Moscow that I've

                > Mir!
                > Tatjana,
                > Calontir

              • gigglesheep
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 9, 2008
                  Greetings Lada!

                  Thank you kindly for your offer to look things up. If you come across
                  any shoes, especially embroidered ones, I'd appreciate a
                  picture/drawing,also any spinning implements are of interest.

                  Thanks again,
                  Tatiana
                  Outlands

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 10, 2008
                    Lada,

                    If you would be so kind, I'd be particularly
                    interested in pictures of any clothing & accessories:
                    shoes, hats, crowns, etc, in the museums.

                    Many thanks (and omg am i jealous!! have fun!! :D)
                    --Sfandra

                    --- Yevgeniya Pechenaya <ladie_lada@...> wrote:

                    > I will be going to Moscow in 2 weeks YAY!
                    >
                    > I'm going to see my grandfather for his B-day,
                    > but on my agenda is also to visit:
                    > "the Museum of History of Moscow" Muzey Istohree
                    > Moskvih
                    > and "The Armory" Oruzhehynaya Palata
                    > I don't knwo if they'll let me take pictures, but I
                    > will be looking to buy catalogs and whatever else
                    > I'll be able to find. And I'll be making drawings of
                    > things i'll be making sketches
                    >
                    > Anyone wants me to look for anything specific? I
                    > already have request for later period garb.
                    > I will also be attempting to visit some bookstores.
                    >
                    > Lada

                    Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                    Haus Von Drakenklaue
                    Kingdom of the East