Re: dracula's cap

  • krpurtell
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2008
      Does anyone have a pattern for this?

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, <spmaiorca@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      > http://www.aboutromania.com/VladTepesDraculeWayda1493.jpg
      > some of you may know this is is nromaly idenrtified as a derawing of
      Prince Vlad III dracula of Walachia I was wondering if any one knows
      the name for the style-or refences for simular caps in the 15th-16th
      century time frame?
      > Nicodim Vladescu

    • Catherine Olanich Raymond
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2008
        On Tuesday 02 December 2008 6:01:31 pm krpurtell wrote:
        > Does anyone have a pattern for this?
        >
        > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, <spmaiorca@...> wrote:
        > > hi,
        > > http://www.aboutromania.com/VladTepesDraculeWayda1493.jpg
        > > some of you may know this is is nromaly idenrtified as a derawing of
        >
        > Prince Vlad III dracula of Walachia I was wondering if any one knows
        > the name for the style-or refences for simular caps in the 15th-16th
        > century time frame?

        Huh? I have never seen an image of Prince Vlad wearing *that* style of hat
        before! I thought you were going to show an image like this:

        http://lycees.ac-rouen.fr/sainte-therese/comenius/IMG/jpg/vlad-tepes.jpg

        I don't know whether there are sources for period names of any of the various
        15th or 16th century hats. The one in the drawing you've given a pointer two
        looks like a type of hat seen on hunters in western European minatures of the
        period, *except* for the flat top.

        --
        Cathy Raymond <cathy@...>

        "The heresy of one age becomes the orthodoxy of the next."
        --Helen Keller

      • Rick Orli
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 9, 2008
          Here is a fun clip from a romanain movie about Vlad tepes

          http://dracula-transylvania.blogspot.com/2008/04/vlad-tepes-1979.html

          I had the pleasure of meeting the costume director of
          that '79 movie this weekend -Rick