Slavic university.

  • gigglesheep
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2008
      Is Slavic University an annual event, or is it once in a lifetime?

      Thanks,

      Tatiana
    • aldo
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2008
        I am teaching here in Italy Russian Middle Ages. Do you think it would be possibile, in case of a continuous event in the Slavic University, to hold some conversation on the subject?
        Ciao

        Aldo
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2008
          Hi Tatiana,

          This year's will be our second one. I'd like it to be an annual
          event (and to move around a bit), but we need volunteers to host it.

          Thanks,
          Paul

          At 09:00 AM 11/24/2008, you wrote:

          >Is Slavic University an annual event, or is it once in a lifetime?
          >
          >Thanks,
          >
          >Tatiana
        • christopher chastain
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2008
            I also have a similar question, I missed the Slavic classes at last years gulf wars and with GW around the corner was curious if they were going to be taught at this upcoming GW? Yours in Humble Service,Dmitrii Zarekoi Ivanov"Do not scorn the weak cub. It might become the brutal tiger!" Mongol Proverb"Only a hand that can grasp a sword may hold a sceptre!" Tatar Proverb

            To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: turanomar@...: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:30:19 +0100Subject: Re: [sig] Slavic university.

            I am teaching here in Italy Russian Middle Ages. Do you think it would be possibile, in case of a continuous event in the Slavic University, to hold some conversation on the subject?CiaoAldo----- Original Message ----- From: gigglesheep To: sig@yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:00 PMSubject: [sig] Slavic university.Is Slavic University an annual event, or is it once in a lifetime?Thanks,Tatiana[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          • gigglesheep
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2008
              Would it be possible to find out the exact location and time of the
              event, so I could plan a trip/hotel/transportation. Maybe, if some
              other people are flying in, we could all stay in one hotel?

              Thank you,
              Tatiana
            • Paul W Goldschmidt
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 25, 2008
                Here is the event info from the Kingdom website:

                http://www.midrealm.org/midmarch/Baronial12thNight2008.php

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 25, 2008
                  Arg. I'll be flying to that strange & fantastical
                  land centrally located in Trimaris that day. Well,
                  I'll raise a liter to you all from the Biergarten. :D

                  OK, next year (2010), we'll have to hold a Slavic U in
                  another kingdom. Midrealm can't have ALL the
                  fun.......

                  --Sfandra
                  --tranlation: i've already got plans for Disneyworld
                  that weekend.....

                  --- Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...> wrote:

                  > Here is the event info from the Kingdom website:

                  http://www.midrealm.org/midmarch/Baronial12thNight2008.php

                  > At 10:07 PM 11/24/2008, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >Would it be possible to find out the exact location
                  > and time of the
                  > >event, so I could plan a trip/hotel/transportation.
                  > Maybe, if some
                  > >other people are flying in, we could all stay in
                  > one hotel?
                  > >
                  > >Thank you,
                  > >Tatiana

                  Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  Kingdom of the East
                  ******************
                  Never 'pearl' your butt.
                • ladyhallaofmugmort
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 25, 2008
                    --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "gigglesheep" <dogspell@...> wrote:

                    > Would it be possible to find out the exact location and time of the
                    > event, so I could plan a trip/hotel/transportation. Maybe, if some
                    > other people are flying in, we could all stay in one hotel?
                    >
                    > Thank you,
                    > Tatiana

                    Tatiana,

                    here is our humble little webpage -- I am hoping to get something a
                    little more decorative going there, but all the basic info is correct:

                    http://www.midrealm.org/midmarch/Baronial12thNight2008.php

                    So far the teachers/classes listed on the page are the only teachers I
                    have confirmed -- hint hint! So please come and teach, and drop me a
                    line if you even think you might want to teach -- I want to make sure
                    to block out room and time for you.

                    Also, bring anything Slavic that you have to share -- garb, armor,
                    books, accoutrements --- for our Slavic A&S Display. It's not a bean
                    count or anything like that-- just a show and share to educate and
                    inspire!

                    If you need crash space, email me offlist -- we have a really generous
                    hospitable Central Ohio community, and I am sure I can find crash
                    space. If you really want to stay in a hotel, let me know, I'll
                    locate the closest nice hotels for you.

                    Just an idea -- do we want to have a "SIG Meetup" as one of the
                    "classes"? Nice to put faces to names and so on.

                    Your humble servant, Halla
                  • gigglesheep
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 26, 2008
                      Halla!

                      Thank you kindly for the information.
                      Unfortunately I am not in the position to teach anyone anything yet,
                      since I just got back to playing after 10 year long break, and then my
                      persona was Saxon. Things I know are just by default, being born in
                      Russia.I would love to come out and learn from people and see what
                      others do.

                      I'll find out next week if I'd be able to get some time off work and
                      then e-mail you regarding hotel/crash space etc.

                      Thanks again,

                      Tatiana