Re: Name assistance

  • gigglesheep
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2008
      Greetings from Tatiana!
      Matfei is pronounced just like you see it, pretty easy, M-aa-t-f-ei,
      the other version, Matvei.

      I am sorry, but what does Krotyss mean? Is it from Krot, which is mole?
      If I know what you are trying to accomplish, it would be easier to
      help form the name.
      Sofya is right, double SS is not typically Russian, probably just a
      latinisation, done to emphasize the S at the end of the word.

      As far as I know, two bynames were not common, if used at all, in
      medieval Russia (correct me if I am wrong), but you can use a patronim
      and then a byname.

      Best of luck,
      Tatiana Moskovskaia.