RE: [sig] Re: Sarafan.

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 22, 2008
      Greetings from Sofya to Katinka.

      >Thank you for the wonderful information. This is indeed a great source of information. The information refers to several possible >illustrations, would you have access to those as well? I am very visual.....

      The excerpt I posted actually only references one illustration - an OOP 17th cent. sketch of a woman in poneva skirt and a very unclear sketch of a girl supposedly in a sarafan, also 17th century. (The rest of the many parenthetical remarks are his footnotes.) You may be "very visual" (who isn't?) but I'm sure you can picture a woman with a calf-length skirt wrapped around her ankle-length rubakha... ;-)

      More seriously, I don't usually publish the illustrations because I'm unsure of their copyright status and while I have full rights to my translations, I don't have rights to the pictures.

      At your service,

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser