Re: [sig] Judging a 16c Russian Tale

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 17, 2008
      Thanks!

      Jeanne

      --- On Fri, 11/14/08, LiudmilaV@... <LiudmilaV@...> wrote:

      From: LiudmilaV@... <LiudmilaV@...>
      Subject: Re: [sig] Judging a 16c Russian Tale
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com

      If they date it specifically to 16th century, it must be a written story as opposed to a bylina or a folktale.That is, the standard opening will not apply, most likely. I have competed with all of those, and as far as I could tell the judges looked for a performance as compared to other performances. I try to provide good documentation, and the judges did use it to understand the specifics of the telling. I have all of my documentation here: http://sca-russian. com/research. html , scroll down for Documentation section.
      Liudmila