Re: [sig] Re: Another question about names.

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 10, 2008
      When I started looking at Russian as an object to study and to anatomize (my aunt comes from Odessa) I discovered a lot of curious things especially in the resemblance of meny word stems. Of course it did no wonder to me as Rus. is an indogermanic language same as Italian and English and Hindi or Singhalese and even Nepalese! The thing was that many meanings had changed since the expansion of the primitive I.G. in accordance with the location where the new derived language developed and for how long a time kept on transforming before turning into a Culture Language i.e. refering to a certain people and region.
      U would never think of the many features that make the IG languages a grand community. Think for instance of the numbers. Think of the basic body nomenclature etc.
      Would ever put on the same line REKA with REAL or READ? Perhaps more with RIVER or RIPUARIAN or RIVAL.
      Try and reconstruct the string urself.

      Ciao

      Aldo

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 10, 2008
        Aldo, I am sure we can find you local crash space if you need it, and
        a pick up from the local airport (Port Columbus).

        Halla