Another question about names

  • Rachel Sampsel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
      1a. Another question about names.
      Posted by: "gigglesheep" dogspell@... gigglesheep
      Date: Fri Nov 7, 2008 4:12 pm ((PST))

      Hello all!
      I am trying to register SCA last name "Moskovskaya", Now, my Heralrd
      tells me that I can only register it spelled with "aia" and not with
      "y". Being that I am actually Russian, it is kind of funny to hear it,
      I know that it can be spelled both ways, but I don't actually have any
      documentation proving it. Wikipedia mentions it spelled either way,
      but I was told that it is not a reliable source.
      How can I prove that I am right?

      Thanks in advance,
      Tatiana

      ***********

      I registered "Zaplatskaya" as a descriptive byname for my persona. The
      trouble I had with the heralds was more about some of them felt that email
      traffic with the curator of the British Library's Russian collection
      regarding the etymology of the word "Zaplata" wasn't sufficient. They
      wanted photcopies of the texts that the curator was refencing. This group
      was apparently overruled and "Zaplatskaya" passed as spelled with no
      further stinky.

      Patches

      "Just say Raisa and then sneeze."
    • gigglesheep
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
        How long did it take you to finalize the name?
        Personally I don't want to waste time arguing with them, especially
        since it is not the actual name, but a placename that could have been
        possible back then. And Sofia had a valid point that both first and
        last names should be spelled the same.
        Thanks, Tatiana

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2008
          "The trouble I had with the heralds was more about
          some of them felt that email traffic with the curator
          of the British Library's Russian collection regarding
          the etymology of the word "Zaplata" wasn't sufficient.
          They wanted photcopies of the texts that the curator
          was refencing."

          ROTFLMAO....

          Sometimes, I just love the SCA.... ;p NOT!

          --Sfandra

          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East