Re: Croatian garb help....

  • Leonora Radovcic
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2008
      Dani,

      Do you know what century is your Serbian footwear? Thanks.

      YIS
      Branimira

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Dani Kaulakis" <clevername6@...> wrote:

      > I also am trying to throw together a south slavic (Serbian) persona
      > and it has been very tough. Mostly I've been borrowing from
      > neighboring regions and doing my best to get the time period
      correct.

      > The only aspect of my garb that I'm confident is correct is the
      > footwear. ^_^; Opanci date well back to the middle ages, but
      remember
      > that they will lack the toe curl of the modern traditional versions.
      > This is a good picture
      > (http://images.google.com/imgres?
      imgurl=http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1/1405843-Opanak-
      Croatia.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Croa
      tia/Local_Customs-Croatia-BR-
      5.html&h=130&w=182&sz=10&hl=en&start=6&sig2=HrIbZQdZ6OYZ_NVUihMeEA&um=
      1&usg=__UzhScfgZ6Ueu8pNPE3iAkdtNWOc=&tbnid=9uCdUfMsxEJd3M:&tbnh=72&tbn
      w=101&ei=HI4ASbz7Mo3eMIjfmO8M&prev=/images%3Fq%3D10th%2Bcentury%
      2Bcroatian%2Bgarb%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-
      a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

      > Aside from that I've based my first bits of garb off of pictures of
      > the Kamplin fair (where supposedly the workers wear medieval garb
      from
      > that area). My impression is that, aside from tons of embroidery,
      they
      > wear similar things to their neighbors.
      >
      > Hope that helps. I'm hurting for sources too so let us know if you
      > make any headway.
      > -Dani
      >
      > On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Leonora Radovcic <Lightpaws@...>
      wrote:
      > > Greetings to all SIG members. If anyone out there has any ideas or
      > > pictures, links, regarding Croatian garb - around the 10th C.
      period, I