Re: [sig] Re: Question on Hungarian fashions

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2008
      Alot of Angevin and German influences until Mohacs, probably a mixture of style turning slowly to outward sign of resistance against the growing Turkish power filtering into the region from the south and east? Then a decided turn to the East, as seen in Bathory's Haiduks and the turn in Poland towards the later 16th C as well. Dress is both a symbol of resisitance for some and  a slow acknowledgement of the situation for others, if not an active collaboration for personal gain and advancement in some areas?

      Best Regards,
      'dok