Re: Russian headdresses

  • Joe & Lisa Stevenson
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 11, 2008
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Sofya!
      >

      > >In the files portion of the SIG list, there is a broken link for
      You guys are the bomb! Thanks so much. I will digest what I have
      learned and come up with a game plan. Probably will be back with
      questions, but right now have to put this aside to work on helping to
      move my daughter into her first real apartment now that she has her
      first real job since graduating from college which also means I will
      be getting a designated sewing room, more room in my living room (seh
      will be taking a few pieces that I am tired of!) and a new dresser!
      Yeah.

      Katerina

      > >Russuan headdresses...
      >
      > I finally found it. It's actually under the Links of the SIG
      Yahoo! group.

      > It's about traditional Siberian Russian headdresses, not medieval
      headdresses, although there are undoubtedly a lot of parallels. I
      designed my favorite povoinik pattern from that site. Here it is on
      the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (The place to go to find defunct
      webpages.)

      http://web.archive.org/web/20080107072755/http://www.ic.omskreg.ru/~fo
      lklore/mk/golovn/index_.shtml

      > At your service,
      >
      > Sofya

      ------
      > Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa
      Kramolnikova
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser

    • Amy Tubbs
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 12, 2008
        Hehe...didn't think you'd be interested in it, but I just uploaded it for
        your viewing pleasure (Pill Box Style Hat by Vitasha). I know that some
        things are done incorrectly (thanks for your helpful hints at correcting my
        errors, Mistress Liumila!), but it was my first attempt at a real hat.

        -- Vitasha.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 13, 2008
          VERY nice....

          --Sfandra