Re: [sig] Re: Russian headdresses

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 10, 2008
      What a hoot! That was Sofya and I teaching, though she s a much better teacher than I am. I've actually seen you at your fine establishment. It was an easy stumble from my Kingdom's camp!

      Best Regards,
      'dok

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 10, 2008
        Greetings from Sofya!

        >In the files portion of the SIG list, there is a broken link for
        >Russuan headdresses...

        I finally found it. It's actually under the Links of the SIG Yahoo! group.

        It's about traditional Siberian Russian headdresses, not medieval headdresses, although there are undoubtedly a lot of parallels. I designed my favorite povoinik pattern from that site. Here it is on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (The place to go to find defunct webpages.)

        http://web.archive.org/web/20080107072755/http://www.ic.omskreg.ru/~folklore/mk/golovn/index_.shtml

        At your service,

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      • Joe & Lisa Stevenson
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2008
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

          > Greetings from Sofya!
          >

          > >In the files portion of the SIG list, there is a broken link for
          You guys are the bomb! Thanks so much. I will digest what I have
          learned and come up with a game plan. Probably will be back with
          questions, but right now have to put this aside to work on helping to
          move my daughter into her first real apartment now that she has her
          first real job since graduating from college which also means I will
          be getting a designated sewing room, more room in my living room (seh
          will be taking a few pieces that I am tired of!) and a new dresser!
          Yeah.

          Katerina

          > >Russuan headdresses...
          >
          > I finally found it. It's actually under the Links of the SIG
          Yahoo! group.

          > It's about traditional Siberian Russian headdresses, not medieval
          headdresses, although there are undoubtedly a lot of parallels. I
          designed my favorite povoinik pattern from that site. Here it is on
          the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (The place to go to find defunct
          webpages.)

          http://web.archive.org/web/20080107072755/http://www.ic.omskreg.ru/~fo
          lklore/mk/golovn/index_.shtml

          > At your service,
          >
          > Sofya

          ------
          > Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa
          Kramolnikova
          > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser

        • Amy Tubbs
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 12, 2008
            Hehe...didn't think you'd be interested in it, but I just uploaded it for
            your viewing pleasure (Pill Box Style Hat by Vitasha). I know that some
            things are done incorrectly (thanks for your helpful hints at correcting my
            errors, Mistress Liumila!), but it was my first attempt at a real hat.

            -- Vitasha.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 13, 2008
              VERY nice....

              --Sfandra