Re: [sig] Russian calligraphy

  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
      I would also check Popova's "Russian Illuminations" and things like
      the Armenian gospels. I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
      scrolls that I can scan as well. I'm sure I've got more examples but
      I'm on business travel and away from my library.

      Ianuk
      On 10/9/08, L.M. Kies <lkies@...> wrote:
      > Greetings from Sofya to Yevgeniya!
      >
      >>I'm looking for samples of Russian Calligraphy as well as the old Russian
      >> alphabet and the best source I found so far was sad to
      >>say wikipedia. Does anyone know of something better?
      >
      > I have been working on Russian calligraphy quite a lot lately. I'm planning
      > to post my research to my website, but it's not ready
      > yet. Here's a page with some of the links that got me started:
      >
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/manuscripts.html
      >
      > And feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.
      >
      > Sofya

      > Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser

    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
        > I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
        >scrolls that I can scan as well.

        That might be something good to have on the RussianSIG wiki, if you're willing. :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
          I'll see when I can get it scanned...probably monday at our scriptorium.
          I'll try to remember.

          Ianuk