RE: [sig] Russian calligraphy

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
      Greetings from Sofya to Yevgeniya!

      >I'm looking for samples of Russian Calligraphy as well as the old Russian alphabet and the best source I found so far was sad to
      >say wikipedia. Does anyone know of something better?

      I have been working on Russian calligraphy quite a lot lately. I'm planning to post my research to my website, but it's not ready
      yet. Here's a page with some of the links that got me started:

      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/manuscripts.html

      And feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
        I would also check Popova's "Russian Illuminations" and things like
        the Armenian gospels. I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
        scrolls that I can scan as well. I'm sure I've got more examples but
        I'm on business travel and away from my library.

        Ianuk

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
          > I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
          >scrolls that I can scan as well.

          That might be something good to have on the RussianSIG wiki, if you're willing. :-)

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
            I'll see when I can get it scanned...probably monday at our scriptorium.
            I'll try to remember.

            Ianuk