Russian calligraphy

  • Yevgeniya Pechenaya
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
      I'm looking for samples of Russian Calligraphy as well as the old Russian alphabet and the best source I found so far was sad to say wikipedia. Does anyone know of something better?

      Thank you

      Lada

      Oooooh...
      SHINY!
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
        Greetings from Sofya to Yevgeniya!

        >I'm looking for samples of Russian Calligraphy as well as the old Russian alphabet and the best source I found so far was sad to
        >say wikipedia. Does anyone know of something better?

        I have been working on Russian calligraphy quite a lot lately. I'm planning to post my research to my website, but it's not ready
        yet. Here's a page with some of the links that got me started:

        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/manuscripts.html

        And feel free to contact me if you have specific questions.

        Sofya

        Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, CW, CSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
        http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
          I would also check Popova's "Russian Illuminations" and things like
          the Armenian gospels. I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
          scrolls that I can scan as well. I'm sure I've got more examples but
          I'm on business travel and away from my library.

          Ianuk

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
            > I do have a rue style alphabet that I use on SCA
            >scrolls that I can scan as well.

            That might be something good to have on the RussianSIG wiki, if you're willing. :-)

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 10, 2008
              I'll see when I can get it scanned...probably monday at our scriptorium.
              I'll try to remember.

              Ianuk