!2th Century Russian armor question

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 22, 2008
      I have been trying to find information on Russian armor at of the time.
      Does anybody have a link to a site,or Book info???

      Thanks
      Scott
    • scott hornbeck
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 22, 2008
        Thank you. I will check these out.

        Scott

        Both of these are excellent books for that time frame.

        Humbly,
        Kazimir Konstantinov

        --
        Robert Jimmerson

      • L.M. Kies
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 23, 2008
          Greetings from Sofya to Scott!

          Here's the relevant page on the RussianSIG Knowledge Pages:
          http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Military+and+Warfare

          At your service,

          Sofya

          Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, OW, OSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
        • scott hornbeck
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 23, 2008
            Sofya
               Thank you.I must ask a question Back.Are You the same Sofya with the great Russian information Page???

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 24, 2008
              Greetings from Sofya,

              > Thank you.I must ask a question Back.Are You the same Sofya with the great Russian information Page???

              I do have an extensive collection of Russian information on-line that folks seem to find helpful. :-)

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 24, 2008
                My lady
                  Just so you know it was your web site that gave me,my wife and friends the inspiration to go beyond Western European in the SCA, and help myself and friends while we overseas to research a diffrent culture.
                  A great site please keep it up.

                Yours
                  Scott

                > Thank you.I must ask a question Back.Are You the same Sofya with the great Russian information Page???

                I do have an extensive collection of Russian information on-line that folks seem to find helpful. :-)

                At your service,

                Sofya

                Lisa M. Kies, MD aka HL Sofya la Rus, OW, OSH, uchenitsa Kramolnikova
                http://www.strangel ove.net/~ kieser

              • quokkaqueen
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2008
                  There is some information on helmets here:
                  http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/kirpichnikov_helmets/helmets.htm
                  http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/kirpichnikov_helmets/gallery.htm

                  There looks to be some lamellar armour too:
                  http://www.geocities.com/kaganate/gomiy.html

                  Hope this helps!
                  ~Asfridhr (who may have just posted this reply twice, sorry!)
                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Scott" <altennict@...> wrote:

                  > I have been trying to find information on Russian armor at of the time.
                  > Does anybody have a link to a site,or Book info???
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > Scott

                • scott hornbeck
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 6, 2008
                    Wow
                       Thank you thats a major help.Now to convert for SCA combat.

                    Thank you

                    Scott