Re[2]: [sig] help with event theme

  • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 15 11:48 PM
      Greetings!

      > Here is soemthign else i found. I was lookign trhough my culinary calendar and it labels April 18th as Feodul's day aka St. Feodul (Федул)
      >
      > This is concidered like the first day or spring and the sayign the is associated with it is
      > if it a warm day: "Пришел Федул - тепляк подул" "Came Feodul - warmth is blowing"
      > for nasty weather: "Федул губы надул" "Feodul is puffing his lips"
      Sorry but just remember this it's not a weather-related phrase. It's a part of a well-known traditional joke.

      "- Федул, что губы надул?
      - Кафтан прожёг!
      - А велика ли дыра?
      - Один ворот остался!"

      (why are you puffing your lips?
      I've burnt a hole in my kaftan!
      How big is the hole?
      All that survived is the collar)

      :-)
    • scott hornbeck
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 16 5:51 AM
        I wish I couldelp you with a Marshel. I will keep my ear open.If there is any type of help you need for this event when it is ready let me know.Me and my wif would be happy to help.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 16 8:34 AM
          http://home.earthlink.net/~lilinah/Rashid/makeup.html

          I have an interest in Persian and Turkish clothing, mostly because it influenced Moscovite clothing so heavily in style and cut. But what is clothing without the accessories and details? A great outfit could be ruined by a pair of sneakers, like wearing a ball cap with a tuxedo at a wedding (unless thats the theme!)

          And so in period sources about 16th century Moscovy, one often hears about a man's obligation being to buy the women of his family make-up, whom are then raven browed, white faced with kholed eyes and red lips and cheeks....

          And so I view the linked website with great interest, and a fair bit of illumination! Moscovites fought the Turks but traded with the Persians....

          Any thoughts?

          Best Regards,
          'dok

        • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 24 2:16 PM
            Pani Magdalena-- do you have a copy of Sophie Knab's Polish Folklore book?

            P.S. please contact me offlist about books!
            -- Jadwiga

            --
            -- Jenne Heise / Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
            jenne@...
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 25 4:20 AM
              <<On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:38 AM, <sig@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              Pani Magdalena-- do you have a copy of Sophie Knab's Polish Folklore book?
              P.S. please contact me offlist about books!
              -- Jadwiga>>

              Jadwiga, I have a copy of that if you need something.
              --
              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To