fabric help

  • Meisha
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      I am ready to actually get started on my kokoshnik but I have a
      question first. The style is round with straight sides (think hat box
      on the head) my base material is dupioni silk. Should I have
      the "lines" in the silk run vertically from the brim to the top or
      horizontally around my head? (...before I spend more hours than I want
      to think about couching down more beads than I even want to count)
    • bphall76@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
        Personally, I would have the lines run vertically. However, take a good
        look at the silk in both directions, and see what you like better. You might
        also take into account the design. You wouldn't want the fabric to detract
        from all that wonderful pearling you are going to do.

        IS
        Vasilisa Myshkina
        Glymm Mere, An Tir