RE: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

  • Sheila Horon
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      Could this be what you are looking for?
      http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
      Slava

      To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

      Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
        brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
        Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
        the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
        reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
        many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
        individually, and not with anything else - not on a
        string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
        Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
        beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

        Thanks,
        Sfandra

        --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

        > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
        > necklace. I'll see if
        > I can remember where the original is from.
        >
        > Ianuk
        >
        > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
        > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
        > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
        > 3
        > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
        > >
        > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
        > nice
        > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
        > >
        > > Thanks though,
        > > Sfandra
        > >
        > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
        > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > >

        > > > Hi Sfandra,
        > > >
        > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
        > > >
        > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
        > > >
        > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
        > >
        > > ******************
        > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
        > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
        > > Kingdom of the East
        > removed]

        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
      • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
          in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
          in at the laui.

          Ianuk