Re:Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

  • Kataryna Dragonweaver
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      Try the term lunista for your searches.
      Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
      jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
      Enjoy.
      http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
      -Kataryna

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
      wrote:

      > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
      I'll see if
      > I can remember where the original is from.
      >
      > Ianuk
      >
      > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
      > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
      > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
      > >
      > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
      > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
      > >
      > > Thanks though,
      > > Sfandra
      > >
      > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi Sfandra,
      > > >
      > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
      > > >
      > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
      > > >
      > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
      > >
      > > ******************
      > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
      > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
      > > Kingdom of the East

    • Sheila Horon
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        Could this be what you are looking for?
        http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
        Slava

        To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

        Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
          brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
          Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
          the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
          reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
          many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
          individually, and not with anything else - not on a
          string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
          Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
          beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

          Thanks,
          Sfandra

          --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

          > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
          > necklace. I'll see if
          > I can remember where the original is from.
          >
          > Ianuk
          >
          > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
          > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
          > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
          > 3
          > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
          > >
          > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
          > nice
          > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
          > >
          > > Thanks though,
          > > Sfandra
          > >
          > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
          > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
          > > wrote:
          > >

          > > > Hi Sfandra,
          > > >
          > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
          > > >
          > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
          > > >
          > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
          > >
          > > ******************
          > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
          > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
          > > Kingdom of the East
          > removed]

          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
        • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
            in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
            in at the laui.

            Ianuk