Re: [sig] Russian costume - 11th century (and more)

  • Kseniia Smolnianina
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
      Great minds think alike, I guess!

      I've subsequently learned that while Elena is the name of the girl in
      the pictures, the website was actually compiled by another woman who
      goes by the name Helga Engisdottir. Helga is preparing to post her
      own garb pics soon.

      -- Kseniia

      On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
      > DOH! Thanks for that! Elena's website appreared on another Yahoo discussion
      > group so I postd it ere, unfortunately before I had read ALL my
      > emails....Thanks!
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > 'dok
      > "Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"

      **********************************
      Kseniia Smolnianina, JdL
      Barony of Three Mountains
      Kingdom of An Tir
    • Kseniia Smolnianina
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
        I don't know, but I doubt it - she seems (from conversations with her,
        and her LJ entries) to focus mainly on Rus. However, I'd encourage
        you to write and ask - she speaks excellent English
        (engisdottir@...). Only please note that I got her name wrong - she
        goes by Helga Engisdottir.

        --Kseniia

        --
        **********************************
        Kseniia Smolnianina, JdL
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2008
          > Do you know if she has made any Polish women's garb?
          >
          > Richard

          Greetings Richard. My name is Magdalena. My area of interest is Polish
          women's clothing. I'm no expert but I may be able answer some of your
          questions.

          Are you specifically interested in 11th C Polish clothing? If you are
          that is an area I've been developing some theories on. I say theories
          because the closest thing to extant pieces are pieces of fabric
          attached to metal pieces in archeological finds.

          Getting my thoughts and notes on this subject in order is actually on
          my winter project list. Is there something specific you were
          interested in?

          In Service,
          Magdalena