Re: [sig] Re:Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      I have been all over that website and can't find it.
      Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
      image?
      Thanks,
      Sfandra

      --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

      > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
      > necklace. I'll see if
      > I can remember where the original is from.
      >
      > Ianuk
      >
      > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
      > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
      > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
      > 3
      > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
      > >
      > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
      > nice
      > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
      > >
      > > Thanks though,
      > > Sfandra
      > >
      > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
      > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi Sfandra,
      > > >
      > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
      > > >
      > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
      > > >
      > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
      > >
      > > ******************
      > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
      > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
      > > Kingdom of the East
      > removed]

      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
    • Kataryna Dragonweaver
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        Try the term lunista for your searches.
        Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
        jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
        Enjoy.
        http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
        -Kataryna

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
        wrote:

        > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
        I'll see if
        > I can remember where the original is from.
        >
        > Ianuk
        >
        > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
        > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
        > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
        > >
        > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
        > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
        > >
        > > Thanks though,
        > > Sfandra
        > >
        > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > >

        > > > Hi Sfandra,
        > > >
        > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
        > > >
        > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
        > > >
        > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
        > >
        > > ******************
        > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
        > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
        > > Kingdom of the East

      • Sheila Horon
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          Could this be what you are looking for?
          http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
          Slava

          To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

          Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
            brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
            Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
            the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
            reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
            many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
            individually, and not with anything else - not on a
            string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
            Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
            beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

            Thanks,
            Sfandra

            --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

            > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
            > necklace. I'll see if
            > I can remember where the original is from.
            >
            > Ianuk
            >
            > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
            > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
            > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
            > 3
            > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
            > >
            > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
            > nice
            > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
            > >
            > > Thanks though,
            > > Sfandra
            > >
            > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
            > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
            > > wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hi Sfandra,
            > > >
            > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
            > > >
            > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
            > >
            > > ******************
            > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
            > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
            > > Kingdom of the East
            > removed]

            Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            Haus Von Drakenklaue
            Kingdom of the East
            Never 'pearl' your butt.
          • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
              in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
              in at the laui.

              Ianuk