Re: [sig] Re:Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
      bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
      lunik pendants on the necklace.

      (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
      cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)

      Thanks though,
      Sfandra

      --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...>

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace. I'll see if
        I can remember where the original is from.

        Ianuk

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          I have been all over that website and can't find it.
          Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
          image?
          Thanks,
          Sfandra

          --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

          > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
          > necklace. I'll see if
          > I can remember where the original is from.
          >
          > Ianuk
          >
          > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
          > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
          > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
          > 3
          > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
          > >
          > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
          > nice
          > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
          > >
          > > Thanks though,
          > > Sfandra
          > >
          > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
          > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
          > > wrote:
          > >

          > > > Hi Sfandra,
          > > >
          > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
          > > >
          > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
          > > >
          > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
          > >
          > > ******************
          > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
          > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
          > > Kingdom of the East
          > removed]

          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
        • Kataryna Dragonweaver
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            Try the term lunista for your searches.
            Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
            jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
            Enjoy.
            http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
            -Kataryna

            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
            wrote:

            > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
            I'll see if
            > I can remember where the original is from.
            >
            > Ianuk
            >
            > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
            > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
            > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
            > >
            > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
            > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
            > >
            > > Thanks though,
            > > Sfandra
            > >
            > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
            > > wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hi Sfandra,
            > > >
            > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
            > > >
            > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
            > >
            > > ******************
            > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
            > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
            > > Kingdom of the East

          • Sheila Horon
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              Could this be what you are looking for?
              http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
              Slava

              To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

              Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
                brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
                Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
                the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
                reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
                many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
                individually, and not with anything else - not on a
                string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
                Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
                beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

                Thanks,
                Sfandra

                --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                > necklace. I'll see if
                > I can remember where the original is from.
                >
                > Ianuk
                >
                > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                > 3
                > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                > >
                > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                > nice
                > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                > >
                > > Thanks though,
                > > Sfandra
                > >
                > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                > > wrote:
                > >

                > > > Hi Sfandra,
                > > >
                > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                > > >
                > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                > > >
                > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                > >
                > > ******************
                > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                > > Kingdom of the East
                > removed]

                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                Haus Von Drakenklaue
                Kingdom of the East
                Never 'pearl' your butt.
              • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
                  in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
                  in at the laui.

                  Ianuk