10th century Rus woman's garb site

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      http://engisdottir.nm.ru/fatalis_pass.html

      This was on another yahoo group Zigmund and I are members of.

      Best Regards,
      'dok

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
        bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
        lunik pendants on the necklace.

        (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
        cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)

        Thanks though,
        Sfandra

        --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace. I'll see if
          I can remember where the original is from.

          Ianuk

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            I have been all over that website and can't find it.
            Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
            image?
            Thanks,
            Sfandra

            --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

            > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
            > necklace. I'll see if
            > I can remember where the original is from.
            >
            > Ianuk
            >
            > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
            > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
            > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
            > 3
            > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
            > >
            > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
            > nice
            > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
            > >
            > > Thanks though,
            > > Sfandra
            > >
            > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
            > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
            > > wrote:
            > >

            > > > Hi Sfandra,
            > > >
            > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
            > > >
            > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
            > >
            > > ******************
            > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
            > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
            > > Kingdom of the East
            > removed]

            Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            Haus Von Drakenklaue
            Kingdom of the East
            ******************
            Never 'pearl' your butt.
          • Kataryna Dragonweaver
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              Try the term lunista for your searches.
              Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
              jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
              Enjoy.
              http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
              -Kataryna

              --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
              wrote:

              > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
              I'll see if
              > I can remember where the original is from.
              >
              > Ianuk
              >
              > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
              > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
              > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
              > >
              > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
              > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
              > >
              > > Thanks though,
              > > Sfandra
              > >
              > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
              > > wrote:
              > >

              > > > Hi Sfandra,
              > > >
              > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
              > > >
              > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
              > > >
              > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
              > >
              > > ******************
              > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
              > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
              > > Kingdom of the East

            • Sheila Horon
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                Could this be what you are looking for?
                http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
                Slava

                To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

                Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
                  brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
                  Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
                  the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
                  reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
                  many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
                  individually, and not with anything else - not on a
                  string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
                  Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
                  beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

                  Thanks,
                  Sfandra

                  --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                  > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                  > necklace. I'll see if
                  > I can remember where the original is from.
                  >
                  > Ianuk
                  >
                  > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                  > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                  > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                  > 3
                  > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                  > >
                  > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                  > nice
                  > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks though,
                  > > Sfandra
                  > >
                  > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                  > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Hi Sfandra,
                  > > >
                  > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                  > > >
                  > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                  > >
                  > > ******************
                  > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                  > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  > > Kingdom of the East
                  > removed]

                  Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  Kingdom of the East
                  Never 'pearl' your butt.
                • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                    you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
                    in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
                    in at the laui.

                    Ianuk