Re:Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

  • Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      Hi Sfandra,

      Perhaps you're thinking of this page?

      http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml

      Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
      MKA John Beebe
      2882 Cimarron Trail, Madison, WI 53719
      rezansky@...

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        http://engisdottir.nm.ru/fatalis_pass.html

        This was on another yahoo group Zigmund and I are members of.

        Best Regards,
        'dok

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
          bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
          lunik pendants on the necklace.

          (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
          cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)

          Thanks though,
          Sfandra

          --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace. I'll see if
            I can remember where the original is from.

            Ianuk

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              I have been all over that website and can't find it.
              Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
              image?
              Thanks,
              Sfandra

              --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

              > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
              > necklace. I'll see if
              > I can remember where the original is from.
              >
              > Ianuk
              >
              > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
              > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
              > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
              > 3
              > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
              > >
              > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
              > nice
              > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
              > >
              > > Thanks though,
              > > Sfandra
              > >
              > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
              > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
              > > wrote:
              > >

              > > > Hi Sfandra,
              > > >
              > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
              > > >
              > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
              > > >
              > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
              > >
              > > ******************
              > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
              > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
              > > Kingdom of the East
              > removed]

              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              Haus Von Drakenklaue
              Kingdom of the East
              ******************
              Never 'pearl' your butt.
            • Kataryna Dragonweaver
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                Try the term lunista for your searches.
                Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
                jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
                Enjoy.
                http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
                -Kataryna

                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
                wrote:

                > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
                I'll see if
                > I can remember where the original is from.
                >
                > Ianuk
                >
                > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
                > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                > >
                > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
                > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                > >
                > > Thanks though,
                > > Sfandra
                > >
                > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                > > wrote:
                > >

                > > > Hi Sfandra,
                > > >
                > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                > > >
                > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                > > >
                > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                > >
                > > ******************
                > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                > > Kingdom of the East

              • Sheila Horon
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Could this be what you are looking for?
                  http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
                  Slava

                  To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

                  Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                    Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
                    brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
                    Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
                    the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
                    reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
                    many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
                    individually, and not with anything else - not on a
                    string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
                    Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
                    beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

                    Thanks,
                    Sfandra

                    --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                    > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                    > necklace. I'll see if
                    > I can remember where the original is from.
                    >
                    > Ianuk
                    >
                    > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                    > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                    > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                    > 3
                    > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                    > >
                    > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                    > nice
                    > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                    > >
                    > > Thanks though,
                    > > Sfandra
                    > >
                    > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                    > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                    > > wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > Hi Sfandra,
                    > > >
                    > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                    > > >
                    > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                    > >
                    > > ******************
                    > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                    > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                    > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                    > > Kingdom of the East
                    > removed]

                    Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                    Haus Von Drakenklaue
                    Kingdom of the East
                    Never 'pearl' your butt.
                  • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                      you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
                      in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
                      in at the laui.

                      Ianuk