Re: Russian costume - 11th century (and more)

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2008
      Brilliant! Very impressive.

      Do you know if she has made any Polish women's garb?

      Richard
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
        DOH! Thanks for that! Elena's website appreared on another Yahoo discussion group so I postd it ere, unfortunately before I had read ALL my emails....Thanks!

        Best Regards,
        'dok

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
          Great minds think alike, I guess!

          I've subsequently learned that while Elena is the name of the girl in
          the pictures, the website was actually compiled by another woman who
          goes by the name Helga Engisdottir. Helga is preparing to post her
          own garb pics soon.

          -- Kseniia

          On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
          > DOH! Thanks for that! Elena's website appreared on another Yahoo discussion
          > group so I postd it ere, unfortunately before I had read ALL my
          > emails....Thanks!
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > 'dok
          > "Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"

          **********************************
          Kseniia Smolnianina, JdL
          Barony of Three Mountains
          Kingdom of An Tir
        • Kseniia Smolnianina
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2008
            I don't know, but I doubt it - she seems (from conversations with her,
            and her LJ entries) to focus mainly on Rus. However, I'd encourage
            you to write and ask - she speaks excellent English
            (engisdottir@...). Only please note that I got her name wrong - she
            goes by Helga Engisdottir.

            --Kseniia

            --
            **********************************
            Kseniia Smolnianina, JdL
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 12, 2008
              > Do you know if she has made any Polish women's garb?
              >
              > Richard

              Greetings Richard. My name is Magdalena. My area of interest is Polish
              women's clothing. I'm no expert but I may be able answer some of your
              questions.

              Are you specifically interested in 11th C Polish clothing? If you are
              that is an area I've been developing some theories on. I say theories
              because the closest thing to extant pieces are pieces of fabric
              attached to metal pieces in archeological finds.

              Getting my thoughts and notes on this subject in order is actually on
              my winter project list. Is there something specific you were
              interested in?

              In Service,
              Magdalena