Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
      Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,
      possibly not in English, that showed a necklace from
      northern russia/birka area made of glass beads and
      lunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been
      'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure the
      necklace was photographed on a black/dark background.

      (see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folks
      making repros of the pendants)

      I found this page
      http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htm
      but I'm pretty sure I had another page that had a
      full necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells for
      anyone??

      -Thanks,
      Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.
    • Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
        Hi Sfandra,

        Perhaps you're thinking of this page?

        http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml

        Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
        MKA John Beebe
        2882 Cimarron Trail, Madison, WI 53719
        rezansky@...

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          http://engisdottir.nm.ru/fatalis_pass.html

          This was on another yahoo group Zigmund and I are members of.

          Best Regards,
          'dok

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
            bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
            lunik pendants on the necklace.

            (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
            cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)

            Thanks though,
            Sfandra

            --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...>

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace. I'll see if
              I can remember where the original is from.

              Ianuk

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                I have been all over that website and can't find it.
                Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
                image?
                Thanks,
                Sfandra

                --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                > necklace. I'll see if
                > I can remember where the original is from.
                >
                > Ianuk
                >
                > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                > 3
                > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                > >
                > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                > nice
                > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                > >
                > > Thanks though,
                > > Sfandra
                > >
                > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                > > wrote:
                > >

                > > > Hi Sfandra,
                > > >
                > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                > > >
                > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                > > >
                > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                > >
                > > ******************
                > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                > > Kingdom of the East
                > removed]

                Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                Haus Von Drakenklaue
                Kingdom of the East
                ******************
                Never 'pearl' your butt.
              • Kataryna Dragonweaver
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  Try the term lunista for your searches.
                  Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
                  jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
                  Enjoy.
                  http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
                  -Kataryna

                  --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
                  wrote:

                  > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
                  I'll see if
                  > I can remember where the original is from.
                  >
                  > Ianuk
                  >
                  > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                  > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
                  > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                  > >
                  > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
                  > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks though,
                  > > Sfandra
                  > >
                  > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Hi Sfandra,
                  > > >
                  > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                  > > >
                  > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                  > >
                  > > ******************
                  > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                  > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  > > Kingdom of the East

                • Sheila Horon
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                    Could this be what you are looking for?
                    http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
                    Slava

                    To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

                    Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
                      brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
                      Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
                      the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
                      reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
                      many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
                      individually, and not with anything else - not on a
                      string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
                      Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
                      beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

                      Thanks,
                      Sfandra

                      --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                      > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                      > necklace. I'll see if
                      > I can remember where the original is from.
                      >
                      > Ianuk
                      >
                      > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                      > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                      > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                      > 3
                      > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                      > >
                      > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                      > nice
                      > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                      > >
                      > > Thanks though,
                      > > Sfandra
                      > >
                      > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                      > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                      > > wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > Hi Sfandra,
                      > > >
                      > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                      > > >
                      > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                      > > >
                      > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                      > >
                      > > ******************
                      > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                      > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                      > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                      > > Kingdom of the East
                      > removed]

                      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                      Haus Von Drakenklaue
                      Kingdom of the East
                      Never 'pearl' your butt.
                    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                        you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
                        in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
                        in at the laui.

                        Ianuk