Detective Work

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31 12:22 PM
      Greetings All,

      I am not an SCA member. I am trying to find one or more members who
      attended Pennsic (in 1993?)

      These members were wearing Polish garb.

      I realize it may be impossible to locate these indaviduals.

      http://images.google.com/imgres?
      imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/69/229722974_bc0b4d074f.jpg%
      3Fv%
      3D0&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/anachronista/229722974/in/
      set-
      72057594050217184/&h=500&w=310&sz=170&hl=en&start=5&um=1&usg=__zEFz1K
      3wiqgtoVFnwS8TPP451CA=&tbnid=_G6t2W9CZQda4M:&tbnh=130&tbnw=81&prev=/i
      mages%3Fq%3DPolish%2Bhussar%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%
      3D1B3GGGL_enUS242US262%26sa%3DG

      This link should take you to the author's slide show. There is one
      image of a Winged Hussar. There is one image of two noblemen.

      Richar P.
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31 12:24 PM
        > 3D0&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/anachronista/229722974/in/
        > set-
        > 72057594050217184/&h=500&w=310&sz=170&hl=en&start=5&um=1&usg=__zEFz1K
        > 3wiqgtoVFnwS8TPP451CA=&tbnid=_G6t2W9CZQda4M:&tbnh=130&tbnw=81&prev=/i
        > mages%3Fq%3DPolish%2Bhussar%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%
        > 3D1B3GGGL_enUS242US262%26sa%3DG
        >
        > This link should take you to the author's slide show. There is one
        > image of a Winged Hussar. There is one image of two noblemen.
        >
        > Richard P.

        Apparently only this link works. This should lead to the Hussar.

        The noblemen are only a few images away.

        A violinist looks to be wearing Slavic garb.

        r.

      • John Staeck
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31 1:21 PM
          While this does not look like him facially (not the last time I saw him, anyway), Janos the Winged Hussar of Settmour Swamp in the East (Central New Jersey) has a set of that armor that we wore at that time.  I have no further information on this gentleman but someone in Settmour Swamp may know how to contact him.

          best, nay ex Janos (NOT the Winged Hussar), who also lived in that barony at that time.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31 8:59 PM
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, John Staeck <avarjanos@...> wrote:

            > While this does not look like him facially (not the last time I
            saw him, anyway), Janos the Winged Hussar of Settmour Swamp in the
            East (Central New Jersey) has a set of that armor that we wore at
            that time.  I have no further information on this gentleman but
            someone in Settmour Swamp may know how to contact him.

            > best, nay ex Janos (NOT the Winged Hussar), who also lived in that
            barony at that time.

            Thank you for the reply.

            The following was a suprisingly rapid reply from the woman who
            posted the images.

            Anachronista <anachronista@...> wrote:
            This one was taken at Estrella War in 2006 and the guy on the right
            side is also from Flickr...

            his name is Oilver Dogberry, but I am not sure if that is his SCA
            name as well.

            I'm sure he would have much more info about that garb than I, as I
            think he made it. He may aslo know more about the fellow in this
            one, taken at Pennsic 22 (1993), which was my first SCA event ever.
            It was YEARS before I knew this was Hussar garb. I have no idea who
            he is! This photo had been sitting in a shoebox for years when I met
            my current boyfriend (who is Polish, who you may know as Aleksey
            Seweryn Kochinowski) and he showed me pictures of Hussars - I knew
            they looked familiar!

            Aleksey got me interested in Ogniem i Meczeim and 1612. I just wish
            I spoke any Polish - I'd love to have some subtitles on 1612 - I
            clearly have no idea what is going on for 90% of the movie...you
            wouldn't happen to have a translation, would you? Man, that cavalier
            gives me doublet envy in a big way.

            -Anachronista
            --
            Anachronista - the blog
            Medieval Geekery - SCA Rantings - New Technologies - Fyne Gossip

            > > 3D0&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr com/photos/ anachronista/
            229722974/ in/

            > > set-
            >
            > > 72057594050217184/ &h=500&w= 310&sz=170& hl=en&start=
            5&um=1&usg= __zEFz1K

            > > 3wiqgtoVFnwS8TPP451 CA=&tbnid= _G6t2W9CZQda4M: &tbnh=130&
            tbnw=81&prev= /i

            > > mages%3Fq%3DPolish% 2Bhussar% 26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den% 26rlz%
            >
            > > 3D1B3GGGL_enUS242US 262%26sa% 3DG
            >

            > > This link should take you to the author's slide show. There is
            one

            > > image of a Winged Hussar. There is one image of two noblemen.
            >

            > > Richard P.
            >

            > Apparently only this link works. This should lead to the Hussar.
            >

            > The noblemen are only a few images away.
            >

            > A violinist looks to be wearing Slavic garb.
            >

            > r.

          • Adam MacDonald
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31 11:17 PM
              Gunaydin!

              I know Oliver Dogberry - I am not sure if he is a SIG member, but will
              forward this to him.

              Selaamlar!

              Iskander al-Kurdj
              Califia, Caid