Russian embroidery book on Ebay

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2008
      FYI -

      I already have this...
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150286000600&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

      Su

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2008
        Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,
        possibly not in English, that showed a necklace from
        northern russia/birka area made of glass beads and
        lunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been
        'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure the
        necklace was photographed on a black/dark background.

        (see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folks
        making repros of the pendants)

        I found this page
        http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htm
        but I'm pretty sure I had another page that had a
        full necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells for
        anyone??

        -Thanks,
        Sfandra

        ******************
        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
      • Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
          Hi Sfandra,

          Perhaps you're thinking of this page?

          http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml

          Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
          MKA John Beebe
          2882 Cimarron Trail, Madison, WI 53719
          rezansky@...

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
            http://engisdottir.nm.ru/fatalis_pass.html

            This was on another yahoo group Zigmund and I are members of.

            Best Regards,
            'dok

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
              Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
              bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
              lunik pendants on the necklace.

              (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
              cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)

              Thanks though,
              Sfandra

              --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...>

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace. I'll see if
                I can remember where the original is from.

                Ianuk

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                  I have been all over that website and can't find it.
                  Do you have the direct link to the 3 lunik necklace
                  image?
                  Thanks,
                  Sfandra

                  --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                  > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                  > necklace. I'll see if
                  > I can remember where the original is from.
                  >
                  > Ianuk
                  >
                  > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                  > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                  > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                  > 3
                  > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                  > >
                  > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                  > nice
                  > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks though,
                  > > Sfandra
                  > >
                  > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                  > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > Hi Sfandra,
                  > > >
                  > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                  > > >
                  > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                  > >
                  > > ******************
                  > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                  > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  > > Kingdom of the East
                  > removed]

                  Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                  Haus Von Drakenklaue
                  Kingdom of the East
                  ******************
                  Never 'pearl' your butt.
                • Kataryna Dragonweaver
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                    Try the term lunista for your searches.
                    Slava's webpage has her A&S entery of that particular peice of
                    jewlery, and links and bibliography to museum sites containing some.
                    Enjoy.
                    http://www.katarynas.net/SCA/Dragoslava/DragoslavaIndex.html
                    -Kataryna

                    --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer Nelson Kemp" <lady.ianuk@...>
                    wrote:

                    > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic necklace.
                    I'll see if
                    > I can remember where the original is from.
                    >
                    > Ianuk
                    >
                    > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                    > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have 3
                    > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                    > >
                    > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used nice
                    > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                    > >
                    > > Thanks though,
                    > > Sfandra
                    > >
                    > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@... <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                    > > wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > Hi Sfandra,
                    > > >
                    > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                    > > >
                    > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                    > >
                    > > ******************
                    > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                    > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                    > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                    > > Kingdom of the East

                  • Sheila Horon
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                      Could this be what you are looking for?
                      http://www.ancienttouch.com/necklaces%20gold,stone.htm
                      Slava

                      To: sig@yahoogroups.comFrom: seonaid13@...: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 10:51:15 -0700Subject: [sig] Help! seeking image of lunela necklace

                      Once upon a time, I had a bookmark of a webpage,possibly not in English, that showed a necklace fromnorthern russia/birka area made of glass beads andlunik/lunela/lunula pendants. It might have been'reconstructed' from the grave find. I'm 90% sure thenecklace was photographed on a black/dark background.(see http://www.urweg.com/list/pendants.html for folksmaking repros of the pendants)I found this pagehttp://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/archweb/gazociag/title7.htmbut I'm pretty sure I had another page that had afull necklace displayed. Does this ring any bells foranyone??-Thanks,Sfandra******************Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva ChernigovaKOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoirHaus Von DrakenklaueKingdom of the East******************Never 'pearl' your butt.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                        Ianuk, I think you're right. Now that I've cudgled my
                        brain, I seem to recall a necklace on the old Birka
                        Traders site, before they 'rebuilt' it. That must be
                        the one I'm thinking of. So it's a recreation, not a
                        reconstruction. The more I hunt, the more I find that
                        many times, the lunnitsa are photographed
                        individually, and not with anything else - not on a
                        string of beads or anything, just the lone pendant.
                        Frustrating. I'll have to decide: metal vs glass
                        beads, graduated sizes vs same sizes......

                        Thanks,
                        Sfandra

                        --- Jennifer Nelson Kemp <lady.ianuk@...> wrote:

                        > www.birkatraders.com has a reproduction of a 3 lunic
                        > necklace. I'll see if
                        > I can remember where the original is from.
                        >
                        > Ianuk
                        >
                        > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Sfandra
                        > <seonaid13@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Thanks Ivan, but no. I already had that page
                        > > bookmarked. The image I'm seeking really did have
                        > 3
                        > > lunik pendants on the necklace.
                        > >
                        > > (I have made a viking 'treasure' necklace; i used
                        > nice
                        > > cast pewter site tokens as the focal points.)
                        > >
                        > > Thanks though,
                        > > Sfandra
                        > >
                        > > --- Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky <rezansky@...
                        > <rezansky%40gmail.com>>
                        > > wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > Hi Sfandra,
                        > > >
                        > > > Perhaps you're thinking of this page?
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/vikbeads.shtml
                        > > >
                        > > > Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky
                        > >
                        > > ******************
                        > > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                        > > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
                        > > Haus Von Drakenklaue
                        > > Kingdom of the East
                        > removed]

                        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
                        Haus Von Drakenklaue
                        Kingdom of the East
                        Never 'pearl' your butt.
                      • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
                          you could also be remembering my necklace where I had them graduated around
                          in my fancy scmancy outfit that I wore for my laurelling and that you saw me
                          in at the laui.

                          Ianuk