Re: [sig] footwear WAS Re: Pennsic Meeting + ? on Slavic U.

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
      He likes the low shoes with the long laces in History
      of Ukrainian Costume (C. Senkiw) shown in a drawing in
      the Kievan chapter. It appears to be a sort of "bag"
      sock, knee high, gartered by both its own lace and
      long shoe laces. The shoes are not unlike the
      Ghillies listed first on this page:
      http://www.nativearth.net/periodpage.html (which he
      considered, but decided the scallops were TOO
      pronounced... OMG I've created an authenticity
      monster.... ;p )

      --Sfandra

      --- purplkat@... wrote:

      > Sfandra,
      >
      > I am always interested in period footwear -
      > especially Slavic!!! Please share info.
      >
      > Katheryne
      > who is slowly creating a last to make her first pair
      > of hard sole shoes.

      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East