footwear WAS Re: Pennsic Meeting + ? on Slavic U.

  • purplkat@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2008
      Sfandra,

      I am always interested in period footwear - especially Slavic!!! Please share info.

      Katheryne
      who is slowly creating a last to make her first pair of hard sole shoes.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
        http://club-kaup.narod.ru/rec/books/volkaite-kulikauskiene00_orig/volkaite-kulikauskiene000_orig.jpg

        Can anyone tell me the language and the translation of
        this book cover?

        --Sfandra

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
          It is Lithuanian, but I cannot translate it.

          -- Paul

          At 11:44 AM 8/13/2008, you wrote:

          ><http://club-kaup.narod.ru/rec/books/volkaite-kulikauskiene00_orig/volkaite-kulikauskiene000_orig.jpg>http://club-kaup.narod.ru/rec/books/volkaite-kulikauskiene00_orig/volkaite-kulikauskiene000_orig.jpg
          >
          >Can anyone tell me the language and the translation of
          >this book cover?
          >
          >--Sfandra

        • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
            Wow...looks interestings...

            Ianuk

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
              He likes the low shoes with the long laces in History
              of Ukrainian Costume (C. Senkiw) shown in a drawing in
              the Kievan chapter. It appears to be a sort of "bag"
              sock, knee high, gartered by both its own lace and
              long shoe laces. The shoes are not unlike the
              Ghillies listed first on this page:
              http://www.nativearth.net/periodpage.html (which he
              considered, but decided the scallops were TOO
              pronounced... OMG I've created an authenticity
              monster.... ;p )

              --Sfandra

              --- purplkat@... wrote:

              > Sfandra,
              >
              > I am always interested in period footwear -
              > especially Slavic!!! Please share info.
              >
              > Katheryne
              > who is slowly creating a last to make her first pair
              > of hard sole shoes.

              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              Haus Von Drakenklaue
              Kingdom of the East