Re: [sig] Feast of Knowledge

  • llightfoot1@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 12 1:03 PM
      I wouldn't necessarily assume that you can't camp. Las Vegas is known in Caid as being particularly friendly for loaner tents, etc. It would be worth inquiring, at any rate.

      Cecilia

      From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
      Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [sig] Feast of Knowledge

      Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
      obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
      airport option?

      -- Paul

      At 11:29 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:

      >While most of you were at Pennsic, I posted this to the list. I know it is
      >not Slavic U but it is a chance to let others learn and accrue interest in
      >it.

      >I am autocratting the Feast of Knowledge for the Shire of Windale. This
      >event will be held in the cool pine trees of the Hualapai Mountains, near
      >Kingman, Arizona, on Saturday October 18th,
      >2008. (This is 107 miles south of Las Vegas)
      >
      >I would like to have a track on All things Slavic.
      >
      >The Shire of Windale will waive the admission fees for the instructors. If
      >you are interested, please send me your
      >class topic, length of class, cost of class, and any limitations such as
      >size and age limits. Also if you have a specific
      >time of day you would like.
      >
      >Brathann Rule

      >Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
      >(Remember the people whom you come from.)

    • Brathann
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 12 1:28 PM
        Camping is a viable option at the site for $12.00 a night. Our Shire has
        plenty of tents to spare as well. There is also a lodge up at the Hualapai
        Mountain, as well as cabins. I am sending the announcement for the Feast of
        Knowledge to the list following this email.

        Las Vegas would be the closest airport to fly into, and rides can definitely
        be arranged to site. There is also Flagstaff, and I am quite sure members of
        the Barony of Ered Sul will be attending, so we could arrange rides from
        there as well.

        Kingman itself has plenty of hotels. I can send you a list of those if
        necessary.

        Brathann

        From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
        Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
        To: sig@yahoogroups.com

        Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
        obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
        airport option?

        -- Paul
      • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 13 4:17 AM
          I am in favor of holding it annually. What I'd like to see is planning for a
          Slav U next year, and another for the year following. This way, you've got a
          year to plan to attend the next Slav U.
          I am willing to host whatever Slavic class notes, videos, web pages, etc on
          the PL Commonwealth site.

          I don't have a preference where the next one is held, as long AS it is held.
          --
          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
          "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To

        • Amy Tubbs
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 13 7:17 PM
            I don't travel well, so anything in central/southern California would get my
            vote - and assistance.

            -- Vitasha