Re: [sig] Pennsic Meeting + ? on Slavic U.

  • Paul W Goldschmidt
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
      I'm less concerned with frequency than I am in just seeing it happen
      again. For now, I'd say that as often as people want to hold it is
      fine, because I don't serious expect that to be the issue.

      Ideally, having it out West next would be a good thing, but I'd most
      all just like to see it happen.

      Let's see a bid (or better still, bids) and we can go with it from there.

      -- Paul

      At 11:14 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:

      >Yep, she even offered Las Vegas as a possible site after the first
      >one in Michigan! Maybe annual AND bi-coastal would serve the needs
      >better? Do we as a group have that level of membership and interest?
      >I hope so!!!
      >
      >Best Regards,
      >'dok
      >"Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"
    • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
        Vegas would be awesome! Very easy flight for us or even not a bad drive.

        Ianuk

      • Brathann
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
          While most of you were at Pennsic, I posted this to the list. I know it is
          not Slavic U but it is a chance to let others learn and accrue interest in
          it.

          I am autocratting the Feast of Knowledge for the Shire of Windale. This
          event will be held in the cool pine trees of the Hualapai Mountains, near
          Kingman, Arizona, on Saturday October 18th,
          2008. (This is 107 miles south of Las Vegas)

          I would like to have a track on All things Slavic.

          The Shire of Windale will waive the admission fees for the instructors. If
          you are interested, please send me your
          class topic, length of class, cost of class, and any limitations such as
          size and age limits. Also if you have a specific
          time of day you would like.

          Brathann Rule

          Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
          (Remember the people whom you come from.)

          Yep, she even offered Las Vegas as a possible site after the first one in
          Michigan! Maybe annual AND bi-coastal would serve the needs better? Do we as
          a group have that level of membership and interest? I hope so!!!

          Best Regards,
          'dok

          .

          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=226804/grpspId=1705126283/msgId=
          13606/stime=1218557687/nc1=5008816/nc2=3848627/nc3=5028928>

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
            I could definitely do Vegas. I've never been before.
            :D

            --Sfandra

            Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
            Haus Von Drakenklaue
            Kingdom of the East
            ******************
            Never 'pearl' your butt.
          • Paul W Goldschmidt
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
              Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
              obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
              airport option?

              -- Paul

              At 11:29 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:

              >While most of you were at Pennsic, I posted this to the list. I know it is
              >not Slavic U but it is a chance to let others learn and accrue interest in
              >it.

              >I am autocratting the Feast of Knowledge for the Shire of Windale. This
              >event will be held in the cool pine trees of the Hualapai Mountains, near
              >Kingman, Arizona, on Saturday October 18th,
              >2008. (This is 107 miles south of Las Vegas)
              >
              >I would like to have a track on All things Slavic.
              >
              >The Shire of Windale will waive the admission fees for the instructors. If
              >you are interested, please send me your
              >class topic, length of class, cost of class, and any limitations such as
              >size and age limits. Also if you have a specific
              >time of day you would like.
              >
              >Brathann Rule

              >Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
              >(Remember the people whom you come from.)

            • charles stefanich
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                Financially I can't travel far so somewhere in the Midrealm works best for me. That being said, I agree it should move around the Known World so those of us hindered by time or travel restrictions have a chance to attend a Slavic U in our area. I'd prefer annually as it would return to the Midrealm twice as fast as bi-annually, but the main focus is that we continue to hold them. The one we held here in West Michigan garnered a number of new Slavic personnas. I would ask that class notes be made available at least on line. And I am very pleased to see other Slavic events being planned. My canton,Dun Traigh, is holding a Fall Harvest event in Oct. and the feast will be Slavic. I think it is time to start getting bids to hold Slavic U II.

                Valkai Istvan

              • llightfoot1@verizon.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                  I wouldn't necessarily assume that you can't camp. Las Vegas is known in Caid as being particularly friendly for loaner tents, etc. It would be worth inquiring, at any rate.

                  Cecilia

                  From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
                  Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
                  To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [sig] Feast of Knowledge

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                    Camping is a viable option at the site for $12.00 a night. Our Shire has
                    plenty of tents to spare as well. There is also a lodge up at the Hualapai
                    Mountain, as well as cabins. I am sending the announcement for the Feast of
                    Knowledge to the list following this email.

                    Las Vegas would be the closest airport to fly into, and rides can definitely
                    be arranged to site. There is also Flagstaff, and I am quite sure members of
                    the Barony of Ered Sul will be attending, so we could arrange rides from
                    there as well.

                    Kingman itself has plenty of hotels. I can send you a list of those if
                    necessary.

                    Brathann

                    From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
                    Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
                    To: sig@yahoogroups.com

                    Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
                    obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
                    airport option?

                    -- Paul
                  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 13, 2008
                      I am in favor of holding it annually. What I'd like to see is planning for a
                      Slav U next year, and another for the year following. This way, you've got a
                      year to plan to attend the next Slav U.
                      I am willing to host whatever Slavic class notes, videos, web pages, etc on
                      the PL Commonwealth site.

                      I don't have a preference where the next one is held, as long AS it is held.
                      --
                      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                      "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To

                    • Amy Tubbs
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 13, 2008
                        I don't travel well, so anything in central/southern California would get my
                        vote - and assistance.

                        -- Vitasha