Re: [sig] Pennsic Meeting + ? on Slavic U.

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
      Sue of the Silver Horn thinks it should migrate around the Knowne World?Yeah, it would have a much better chance of serving the Inter-Kingdom Slavic population.
      THL Isabelle de Foix
      Shire Brantestone
      Kingdom of Meridies
       Support your friendly local autistics...........I'm one of them.

      From: Marilyn <mamalynx@wildblue. net>
      Subject: [sig] Pennsic Meeting + ? on Slavic U.
      To: sig@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 8:37 AM

      HI Everyone, I am finally getting back to the computer after Pennsic.. The
      meeting seemed to go great with everyone talking, sharing , and eating. My
      count came out to about 40 people overall. Many coming and going so we had a
      group of about 25 that stayed there most of the time. We also have pictures
      which we will get posted in the next few days.

      We never did get around to discussing Slavic U. I did run into one lady who
      said her group was willing to host one in Ohio ? If they can't do it we
      probably could but then it would be located a couple of hours from D.C. I
      would like to see us start a discussion here and come to some decision about
      when and where the next one will be?

      Lady Marija

      PS: For the one who asked the Thanks for food preparation goes to my Lord
      , Petr Kotok, who was nice enough to spend his time shopping and making the
      food while I was teaching other classes.

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
        Are we aiming for Annually or BiAnnually? I ask
        because frankly, I'm not as Plugged In to the
        event-planning crowd as I should be here in the East.
        I don't know about getting one going here quickly
        enough for this year.

        In addition, I deliberately piqued the interest of a
        fellow in Aethelmearc this war. He's hosting a little
        Slavic gettogether in his home shire this year,
        because he's got a lot of Slavic-interested folks, and
        when I mentioned the Slavic U, he seemed to think that
        was something his shire would get behind. But
        probably not THIS year... maybe next year.

        [Also, thanks to everyone at SIG meeting for getting
        my lord TOTALLY SUCKED IN. :D For those that might
        have met Aleksei, he's just converted to Rus, and now
        has become obsessed with Accurate Footwear... :D ]

        --Sfandra

        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        ******************
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
          Yep, she even offered Las Vegas as a possible site after the first one in Michigan! Maybe annual AND bi-coastal would serve the needs better? Do we as a group have that level of membership and interest? I hope so!!!

          Best Regards,
          'dok

[...]

        • Paul W Goldschmidt
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
            I'm less concerned with frequency than I am in just seeing it happen
            again. For now, I'd say that as often as people want to hold it is
            fine, because I don't serious expect that to be the issue.

            Ideally, having it out West next would be a good thing, but I'd most
            all just like to see it happen.

            Let's see a bid (or better still, bids) and we can go with it from there.

            -- Paul

            At 11:14 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:

            >Yep, she even offered Las Vegas as a possible site after the first
            >one in Michigan! Maybe annual AND bi-coastal would serve the needs
            >better? Do we as a group have that level of membership and interest?
            >I hope so!!!
            >
            >Best Regards,
            >'dok
            >"Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen"
          • Jennifer Nelson Kemp
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
              Vegas would be awesome! Very easy flight for us or even not a bad drive.

              Ianuk

            • Brathann
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                While most of you were at Pennsic, I posted this to the list. I know it is
                not Slavic U but it is a chance to let others learn and accrue interest in
                it.

                I am autocratting the Feast of Knowledge for the Shire of Windale. This
                event will be held in the cool pine trees of the Hualapai Mountains, near
                Kingman, Arizona, on Saturday October 18th,
                2008. (This is 107 miles south of Las Vegas)

                I would like to have a track on All things Slavic.

                The Shire of Windale will waive the admission fees for the instructors. If
                you are interested, please send me your
                class topic, length of class, cost of class, and any limitations such as
                size and age limits. Also if you have a specific
                time of day you would like.

                Brathann Rule

                Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
                (Remember the people whom you come from.)

                Yep, she even offered Las Vegas as a possible site after the first one in
                Michigan! Maybe annual AND bi-coastal would serve the needs better? Do we as
                a group have that level of membership and interest? I hope so!!!

                Best Regards,
                'dok

                .

                <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=226804/grpspId=1705126283/msgId=
                13606/stime=1218557687/nc1=5008816/nc2=3848627/nc3=5028928>

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                  I could definitely do Vegas. I've never been before.
                  :D

                  --Sfandra

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                    Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
                    obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
                    airport option?

                    -- Paul

                    At 11:29 AM 8/12/2008, you wrote:

                    >While most of you were at Pennsic, I posted this to the list. I know it is
                    >not Slavic U but it is a chance to let others learn and accrue interest in
                    >it.

                    >I am autocratting the Feast of Knowledge for the Shire of Windale. This
                    >event will be held in the cool pine trees of the Hualapai Mountains, near
                    >Kingman, Arizona, on Saturday October 18th,
                    >2008. (This is 107 miles south of Las Vegas)
                    >
                    >I would like to have a track on All things Slavic.
                    >
                    >The Shire of Windale will waive the admission fees for the instructors. If
                    >you are interested, please send me your
                    >class topic, length of class, cost of class, and any limitations such as
                    >size and age limits. Also if you have a specific
                    >time of day you would like.
                    >
                    >Brathann Rule

                    >Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
                    >(Remember the people whom you come from.)

                  • charles stefanich
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                      Financially I can't travel far so somewhere in the Midrealm works best for me. That being said, I agree it should move around the Known World so those of us hindered by time or travel restrictions have a chance to attend a Slavic U in our area. I'd prefer annually as it would return to the Midrealm twice as fast as bi-annually, but the main focus is that we continue to hold them. The one we held here in West Michigan garnered a number of new Slavic personnas. I would ask that class notes be made available at least on line. And I am very pleased to see other Slavic events being planned. My canton,Dun Traigh, is holding a Fall Harvest event in Oct. and the feast will be Slavic. I think it is time to start getting bids to hold Slavic U II.

                      Valkai Istvan

                    • llightfoot1@verizon.net
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                        I wouldn't necessarily assume that you can't camp. Las Vegas is known in Caid as being particularly friendly for loaner tents, etc. It would be worth inquiring, at any rate.

                        Cecilia

                        From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
                        Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
                        To: sig@yahoogroups.com
                        Subject: [sig] Feast of Knowledge

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 12, 2008
                          Camping is a viable option at the site for $12.00 a night. Our Shire has
                          plenty of tents to spare as well. There is also a lodge up at the Hualapai
                          Mountain, as well as cabins. I am sending the announcement for the Feast of
                          Knowledge to the list following this email.

                          Las Vegas would be the closest airport to fly into, and rides can definitely
                          be arranged to site. There is also Flagstaff, and I am quite sure members of
                          the Barony of Ered Sul will be attending, so we could arrange rides from
                          there as well.

                          Kingman itself has plenty of hotels. I can send you a list of those if
                          necessary.

                          Brathann

                          From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
                          Date: 2008/08/12 Tue AM 11:37:30 CDT
                          To: sig@yahoogroups.com

                          Can you tell us about lodging options in the area? If I flew out, I
                          obviously would not be able to camp. Would Las Vegas be our best
                          airport option?

                          -- Paul
                        • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 13, 2008
                            I am in favor of holding it annually. What I'd like to see is planning for a
                            Slav U next year, and another for the year following. This way, you've got a
                            year to plan to attend the next Slav U.
                            I am willing to host whatever Slavic class notes, videos, web pages, etc on
                            the PL Commonwealth site.

                            I don't have a preference where the next one is held, as long AS it is held.
                            --
                            Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
                            "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To

                          • Amy Tubbs
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 13, 2008
                              I don't travel well, so anything in central/southern California would get my
                              vote - and assistance.

                              -- Vitasha