Re: [sig] Music

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
      You have that one?
      THL Isabelle de Foix
      Shire Brantestone
      Kingdom of Meridies

       Support your friendly local autistics...........I'm one of them.

      From: garnetcat@aol. com <garnetcat@aol. com>
      Subject: [sig] Music
      To: sig@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 12:59 PM

      I recently came across a group called the Warsaw Village Band, whose music is fascinating. ? Of course everyone has different tastes in music, but this music?speaks to my ancient roots, though it has been modernized. This is a blub from the CD cover that describes the grooup:

      "The Warsaw Village Band is composed of six young musicians that have discovered the magic of ancient singing styles and instruments, and have created their own brand of "harcore folk".? The group features a unique Polish fiddle from the 16th century called the Suka on which the performer uses their fingernails to play the instrument's strings.? They have adapted a singing style called "white voice" a style of screaming that was traditionally used by Polish shepherds.? Their powerful drums create an unexpected, upbeat rhythm."

      The CD I bought is called People's Spring, but they have at least one other available on Amazon.com.? You can hear samples of the music there too, but it doesn't give justice to the entire CD.

      The music and singing reminds me a little of the singing in Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.

      Regina

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
        I'll look them up.

        Speaking non-period, I have 2 bands I love: Loyko and
        Kal. Loyko is "russian gypsy" and Kal....well, I
        don't know what to call Kal, but if you get the
        self-titled album, and the first track DOESN'T make
        you want to get up and dance, you have no soul....

        --Sfandra

        --- garnetcat@... wrote:

        > I recently came across a group called the Warsaw
        > Village Band, whose music is fascinating.? Of course
        > everyone has different tastes in music, but this
        > music?speaks to my ancient roots, though it has been
        > modernized. This is a blub from the CD cover that
        > describes the grooup:
        >
        > "The Warsaw Village Band is composed of six young
        > musicians that have discovered the magic of ancient
        > singing styles and instruments, and have created
        > their own brand of "harcore folk".? The group
        > features a unique Polish fiddle from the 16th
        > century called the Suka on which the performer uses
        > their fingernails to play the instrument's strings.?
        > They have adapted a singing style called "white
        > voice" a style of screaming that was traditionally
        > used by Polish shepherds.? Their powerful drums
        > create an unexpected, upbeat rhythm."
        >
        > The CD I bought is called People's Spring, but they
        > have at least one other available on Amazon.com.?
        > You can hear samples of the music there too, but it
        > doesn't give justice to the entire CD.
        >
        > The music and singing reminds me a little of the
        > singing in Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.
        >
        > Regina

        > removed]

        Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
        Haus Von Drakenklaue
        Kingdom of the East
        Never 'pearl' your butt.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 18, 2008
          I've always favored the Red Elvises myself. Electric balalaikas, sort of a seedy bar band from Central Siberia come west! I also kin do ffavor the Red army choral Band too though. Deep voices, like a Russian Orthodox Church service done traditional style!

          Best Regards,
          'dok
          Dreams are only the realities of yesterday waiting to happen