Re: [sig] period games

  • aldo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2 12:15 PM
      I myself made a research about Medieval cuusine in Russia and the bbok has
      been published a couple of yeras ago but unfortnately it is in Italian. If u
      can read and understand I would be glad to send it over FOC.

      Ciao

      Aldo
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2 12:24 PM
        Thanks very much for the clarification, Aldo! I admit I only skimmed
        the descriptions. :)

        --Kseniia

        --
        **********************************
        Kseniia Smolnianina, JdL
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2 12:31 PM
          --- Kseniia Smolnianina <kseniia@...> wrote:
          > Here's a link to the LiveJournal, for those of you
          > who read Russian:
          >
          > http://ms-reenactor.livejournal.com/
          >
          > --Kseniia

          Poked around that lj and found this
          http://community.livejournal.com/medievalrus
          PRETTY PICTURES!

          Now I know I have to learn to read russian!!!

          --Sfandra
          (http://sfandra.livejournal.com/)

          ******************
          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
        • spmaiorca@cox.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2 2:25 PM
            hey,
            I'm not doing a slavic improession- My persona is Romanian so I am realy Latin, any how I'm doing a Wallachian persona from the 14th to 15th century. I was wondering if any one has any information about titles and possibly some garb ideas. I'm looking at an embordered tunics
            and armor. I know this page might not have truly period clothing- as they are folk out fits http://www.geocities.com/upyr1/garb/other/index.html
            but I like the emprodery and belts and if you have tips on how to make it better I'd be glad to hear it. I just don't want to hear "no" to my garb with out an alternitive that fits my persona. I know that this would be period
            http://www.geocities.com/upyr1/garb/court/index.html but I don't think it would fit my persona -as Vlad was the rulling viovode/domnul and my persona is a merchant.
            Also i was wondering if you think
            http://www.eliznik.co.uk/ has any relvant informaiton in terms of music dance or the like.
            -Patrick AKA Nikodem Vladescu
          • Emy
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3 3:27 PM
              I read this community too: http://community.livejournal.com/reconstructor/

              :D Varies in period a lot, but sometimes get some nice pretty pictures... ;)

              Sfandra wrote:
              > --- Kseniia Smolnianina <kseniia@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Here's a link to the LiveJournal, for those of you
              >> who read Russian:
              >>
              >> http://ms-reenactor.livejournal.com/
              >>
              >> --Kseniia
              >>

              > Poked around that lj and found this
              > http://community.livejournal.com/medievalrus
              > PRETTY PICTURES!
              >
              > Now I know I have to learn to read russian!!!
              >
              > --Sfandra
              > (http://sfandra.livejournal.com/)
              >
              > ******************
              > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
              > Haus Von Drakenklaue
              > Kingdom of the East
            • Scott Bradley
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 4 6:05 AM
                Nikodem Vladescu,

                I am a 15th Century Wallachian as well. To start with try searching the neighboring cultures for garb, the Carpathian mountains were quite the crossroads for cultures in the 15th Century. Try looking up John Hunyadi too. Here are some websites below that might help, the first one is mine where I have posted some photos of Wallachian garb I have made. Some of the websites are more accurate than others but they are good starting points. If you have any questions let me know.

                http://pyrokinetika.com/Boris/Arts <http://pyrokinetika.com/Boris/Arts&Science.htm> &Science.htm

                Fine Arts <http://hungart.euroweb.hu/index_en.html> in Hungary Home Page

                Gate <http://www.geocities.com/belovedtransylvania/Gate.html>

                Grozer <http://www.grozerarchery.com/index_m.htm> Traditional Recurve Bows Hungary