RE: [sig] Re: Medieval Russians in Korea?

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2008
      Greetings from Sofya!

      Your new set of questions makes more sense. :-)

      I have not run across more detailed information about the garrisons in China than in the Herbert Frank article you linked. As Aldo pointed out, there are references to Russians/Ruthenians in the Mongol capital in the writings of William Rubruck, and John of Pian de Carpine. Interesting stuff. Find them at http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/index.htm

      Sofya

      ~Asfridhr, who obviously needs more coffee before posting.
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

      > Greetings!
      >
      > I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want someone to
      look on a map and figure out how far it is from Russia to Korea? My
      globe makes it look like about 5,000 miles. Give or take. ;-)