Re: Raised pearling, goldwork

  • boiarynia
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2008
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Su Ralston" <suralston@...> wrote:

      > You can also use layers of felt or felted wool, but put the smaller
      layer
      > first, then the larger layer pads the edges so it is more like a
      bubble and
      > less like a topographical map ;-)
      >
      > Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
      > PS to Liudmila - I'm in Calafia and you're in Chicago this weekend...
      > totally no fair! ;-(

      That is a great method and would work for people less clumsy than
      myself (it is not false modesty, it is reality I try to overcome). I
      find that laying down a cord or yarn foundation is more flexible as it
      does not require cutting out of precise shapes and the yarn can even
      be coaxed to go where you want later. So, the hat is made with yarn
      foundation -- cotton yarn from Michael's, yellow under gold and white
      under pearls.

      Liudmila

      P.S. back: You know, for some bizzare reason I believed the forecast
      last week and thought Chicago had Calafia weather this weekend. We
      need coats! I almost wish that I were at Potrero. Almost :)