Re: [sig] Calling Mistress Liudmila! Question about hat....

  • Ersebet Szubota (Lisa Warner)
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22 11:15 AM
      For those of us new to the group, can you please direct us to Mistress Liudmila's site? I am most anxious to see what kind of goodies there are to see!

      Alázatos Szolgája,

      Ersebet Szubota of Hungary
    • Tarrise
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22 11:34 AM
        I thought the same thing. This is where I went. If it is not
        correct, my apologies in advance. http://www.sca-russian.com/index.html

        Ditto on the drooling what wonderful information!

        Katinka
        Message 3 of 8 , May 22 11:51 AM
          Yah, then click on PHOTOS and choose Clothing and
          Hats.
          Here is inspiration:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/Liudmila.SCA/LiudmilaSClothingAndHeadwear/photo#5132039589846176162

          Here is super-drool-worthy hat:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/Liudmila.SCA/LiudmilaSClothingAndHeadwear/photo#5132039602731078066

          --Sfandra

          --- Tarrise <iamtrasi@...> wrote:

          > I thought the same thing. This is where I went.
          > If it is not
          > correct, my apologies in advance.
          > http://www.sca-russian.com/index.html
          >
          > Ditto on the drooling what wonderful information!
          >
          > Katinka

          ******************
          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.
        • Ersebet Szubota (Lisa Warner)
          Message 4 of 8 , May 22 12:31 PM
            Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            <<Yah, then click on PHOTOS and choose Clothing and Hats.>>

            Shame, shame, shame on YOU! I now have to clean up the drool puddle I've left on my keyboard. It makes tiping beri dificilt!

            What gorgeous hats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have a million and ONE projects to tackle.

            Thanks for the temptation,

            Alázatos Szolgája,

            Ersebet Szubota of Hungary
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23 9:57 AM
              Jeez, you ARE THE PEARLING DIVA.....I think I'll show
              my Lady and wet her appetite! Somehow, she misses the
              point that Russian is often quite stunning!
              'dok
              --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:

              > Yah, then click on PHOTOS and choose Clothing and
              > Hats.
              > Here is inspiration:

              http://picasaweb.google.com/Liudmila.SCA/LiudmilaSClothingAndHeadwear/photo#5132039589846176162

              > Here is super-drool-worthy hat:

              http://picasaweb.google.com/Liudmila.SCA/LiudmilaSClothingAndHeadwear/photo#5132039602731078066

              > --Sfandra
              >
              > --- Tarrise <iamtrasi@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I thought the same thing. This is where I went.
              > > If it is not
              > > correct, my apologies in advance.
              > > http://www.sca-russian.com/index.html
              > >
              > > Ditto on the drooling what wonderful information!
              > >
              > > Katinka
              > >

              > ******************
              > Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              > KOE, Maunche, Apprentice to Maitresse Irene LeNoir
              > Haus Von Drakenklaue
              > Kingdom of the East
              > ******************
              > Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Best Regards,
              'dok
              Message 6 of 8 , May 23 11:40 AM
                Yeah, Liudmila's work totally rocks my socks off, too.
                That's why I wanted to know how she achieved that
                raised effect. The 3 dimensional quality really adds
                to the impact of the work, particularly on the couched
                cord elements. IF (big if) I get as many of my
                projects done before July as I hope, I'm going to
                start on an ozherlya for the Pennsic A&S display, and
                I wanted to try and get the same effect as seen on the
                17th C letnik applique she used as her exemplar.
                Plus, I scored like 7 gross of pearls on a recent
                shopping trip, so I'm ready for a round of
                Accessorizing.

                --Sfandra

              • LiudmilaV@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , May 23 6:50 PM
                  Huh? What? I am being all my professional mundane self in Chicago at a conference this weekend. Anyone from SIG in this town?

                  Ok, sorry -- I can't find your original request, but I can answer this. The method for the raised effect is the same as for usual pearling -- you have to lay the foundation of cotton or linen yarn. I did it in two layers, with the second layer slightly smaller in area than the first. I advise practicing before the real thin, or you may have to undo and start over like I did more than once. For the bullion, it is the same thing except that you have to measure and cut carefully to get as smooth as you can. I am not really there yet.

                  Let me know what else you were asking!
                  Liudmila