Re: garb and shoes

  • Lisa D Horan
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 1:24 PM
      Hi Susannah, I may be able to help with shoe situation. There is a
      product you can get at most stores called aquaphor. It is an extremely
      thick, waterproof substance that works a lot like diaper creams to form
      a barrier between skin and ____. I have two boys with skin allergies &
      eczema and this stuff is great, hypoallergenic & very pure. I think you
      can even get a trial size to see if it works, but it is not too
      expensive and even if it doesn't work it can be saved for the baby.

      If it is a no go, I wore sherpa (Lambskin) shoes all through my
      pregnancy (twins born in august in FL) the extreme comfort outweighed
      the extra warmth. Hope this helped, Brinna.

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "susannah53" <susannah53@...> wrote:

      > First off I'd like to thank everyone who answered my question about my
      > friend who's pregnant and needs new garb. I found some books of
      > historical theatrical costume at the library and we photocopied the
      > appropriate 15th century patterns. She decided that she would ask the
      , and that the leather the
      > shoes are made of was treated with something she's allergic to. Does
      > anybody have suggestions of what she might do; could she wear socks

      > Susannah

    • nd sca
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19 3:37 PM
        Hi, I am sending this to the SIG in hopes that someone will be in the area and willing to teach a Slavic related A&S class this year... Also if you do teach, the shire is going to comp your gate fees.

        The Shire of Drygestan has gratiously offered to waive the admission fees for the instructors of Arts and Sciences classes! If you are interested, please send me your class information, including topic, any age limits, class limit, class cost, length, preferred day and time, etc. If we get enough instructors, we may have classes on Friday as well as Saturday.

        We do have a limit on the number of classes we can hold, so this offer is on a first come-first served basis.

        Lonely Mountain is July 10-13 this year, and is held north of Santa Fe in the Jemez Mountains. It is cool (at night), shady (under the many trees), and beautiful (everywhere) !

        Natal'ia Georgivicha
        A&S Coordinator for LMD