Re: [sig] garb and shoes

    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2008
      > Sorry for the bad news. The up side, though, is
      > that
      > her dermatitis might be a side-effect of her
      > pregnancy
      > (which can happen) and a few months after she
      > delivers
      > she might be able to wear them.

      In addition: if she has the business card of the
      merchant, she could probably contact them to discuss
      the situation. I know one company that makes
      expensive but lovely moccasin type footwear for
      rennies, and they really stand by their product. She
      might be able to at least find out what sort of things
      went into the leather, thus narrowing the scope of
      what she might be reacting to. And again, it might be
      the pregnancy, which is at least a "self-correcting
      condition"! :D :D

      Cheers,
      Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      ******************
      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Lisa D Horan
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2008
        Hi Susannah, I may be able to help with shoe situation. There is a
        product you can get at most stores called aquaphor. It is an extremely
        thick, waterproof substance that works a lot like diaper creams to form
        a barrier between skin and ____. I have two boys with skin allergies &
        eczema and this stuff is great, hypoallergenic & very pure. I think you
        can even get a trial size to see if it works, but it is not too
        expensive and even if it doesn't work it can be saved for the baby.

        If it is a no go, I wore sherpa (Lambskin) shoes all through my
        pregnancy (twins born in august in FL) the extreme comfort outweighed
        the extra warmth. Hope this helped, Brinna.

        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "susannah53" <susannah53@...> wrote:

        > First off I'd like to thank everyone who answered my question about my
        > friend who's pregnant and needs new garb. I found some books of
        > historical theatrical costume at the library and we photocopied the
        > appropriate 15th century patterns. She decided that she would ask the
        , and that the leather the
        > shoes are made of was treated with something she's allergic to. Does
        > anybody have suggestions of what she might do; could she wear socks

        > Susannah

      • nd sca
        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2008
          Hi, I am sending this to the SIG in hopes that someone will be in the area and willing to teach a Slavic related A&S class this year... Also if you do teach, the shire is going to comp your gate fees.

          The Shire of Drygestan has gratiously offered to waive the admission fees for the instructors of Arts and Sciences classes! If you are interested, please send me your class information, including topic, any age limits, class limit, class cost, length, preferred day and time, etc. If we get enough instructors, we may have classes on Friday as well as Saturday.

          We do have a limit on the number of classes we can hold, so this offer is on a first come-first served basis.

          Lonely Mountain is July 10-13 this year, and is held north of Santa Fe in the Jemez Mountains. It is cool (at night), shady (under the many trees), and beautiful (everywhere) !

          Natal'ia Georgivicha
          A&S Coordinator for LMD