RE: [sig] Re: barmy bird brain (couldn't resist...)

  • L.M. Kies
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2008
      Greetings from Sofya!

      >Re: Barmy - well, no wonder I wasn't making sense out of two very different
      >descriptions. Yes please, post stuff on the cheaper knockoffs...

      First, the high class barma:

      Silver version:

      Cheaper version:

      At your service,

      Sofya

      Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
    • L.M. Kies
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2008
        Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't seem to come through.)

        Go here instead:
        http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma

        Sofya

        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2008
          Ok, no fair getting this email AFTER I'd already been
          to the craft supply store today... ;p

          --Sfandra
          (going back - there were pendants I can use as "cheap
          knockoff barma")

          --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

          > Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't
          > seem to come through.)
          >
          > Go here instead:
          > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma
          >
          > Sofya

          Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
          Haus Von Drakenklaue
          Kingdom of the East
          ******************
          Never 'pearl' your butt.

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • tvorimir
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2008
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

            > Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't seem to come through.)
            >
            > Go here instead:
            > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma
            >
            > Sofya

            Now, the fascinating thing there is that this *is* (ok, the cheaper versions) how I was
            wearing my awards for court and demos (don't tend to otherwise...) I had them strung
            between cool looking beads but certainly could do that with silver ones... the only thing
            that didn't really fit is that these are all circular and well... not many of mine are!

            Hm. I *am* a pewterer, and if I do the kingdom awards (in copious spare time) then the An
            Tir Russians could do this!!

            *plotting*
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2008
              > > Go here instead:
              > > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma

              > Hm. I *am* a pewterer, and if I do the kingdom
              > awards (in copious spare time) then the An
              > Tir Russians could do this!!
              >
              > *plotting*

              Tvoromir, do you take commissions? :D :D

              --Sfandra

              ******************
              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              Haus Von Drakenklaue
              Kingdom of the East
              Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Mir Plemmons
              Message 6 of 8 , May 6, 2008
                Er... yes - but this grad school thing, and two more major caveats...

                This is a plot with a longer fuse, and I'm a craftsman not an artist...

                (Gonna go have to stock up and do a LOT of carving this summer, I see...)

                isttd,
                Mir