Re: barmy bird brain (couldn't resist...)

  • Mir Plemmons
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 11:03 PM
      > Bird brain as in service - too many nights with radio in ear too many days
      > with people in ear... or so I hear... *wry*

      Re: Barmy - well, no wonder I wasn't making sense out of two very different
      descriptions. Yes please, post stuff on the cheaper knockoffs...

      Thanks!!
      Mir

    • Mir Plemmons
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 11:04 PM

        > Bird brain as in service - too many nights with radio in ear too many days
        > with people in ear... or so I hear... *wry*

        Re: Barmy - well, no wonder I wasn't making sense out of two very different
        descriptions. Yes please, post stuff on the cheaper knockoffs...

        Thanks!!
        Mir

      • L.M. Kies
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3 11:35 AM
          Greetings from Sofya!

          >Re: Barmy - well, no wonder I wasn't making sense out of two very different
          >descriptions. Yes please, post stuff on the cheaper knockoffs...

          First, the high class barma:

          Silver version:

          Cheaper version:

          At your service,

          Sofya

          Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
          http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
        • L.M. Kies
          Message 4 of 8 , May 3 12:01 PM
            Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't seem to come through.)

            Go here instead:
            http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma

            Sofya

            Message 5 of 8 , May 3 2:15 PM
              Ok, no fair getting this email AFTER I'd already been
              to the craft supply store today... ;p

              --Sfandra
              (going back - there were pendants I can use as "cheap
              knockoff barma")

              --- "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

              > Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't
              > seem to come through.)
              >
              > Go here instead:
              > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma
              >
              > Sofya

              Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
              Haus Von Drakenklaue
              Kingdom of the East
              ******************
              Never 'pearl' your butt.

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • tvorimir
              Message 6 of 8 , May 4 10:46 AM
                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "L.M. Kies" <lkies@...> wrote:

                > Well, that didn't work very well. (Pictures didn't seem to come through.)
                >
                > Go here instead:
                > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma
                >
                > Sofya

                Now, the fascinating thing there is that this *is* (ok, the cheaper versions) how I was
                wearing my awards for court and demos (don't tend to otherwise...) I had them strung
                between cool looking beads but certainly could do that with silver ones... the only thing
                that didn't really fit is that these are all circular and well... not many of mine are!

                Hm. I *am* a pewterer, and if I do the kingdom awards (in copious spare time) then the An
                Tir Russians could do this!!

                *plotting*
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5 5:58 AM
                  > > Go here instead:
                  > > http://russiansig.wikispaces.com/Barma

                  > Hm. I *am* a pewterer, and if I do the kingdom
                  > awards (in copious spare time) then the An
                  > Tir Russians could do this!!
                  >
                  > *plotting*

                  Tvoromir, do you take commissions? :D :D

                  --Sfandra

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 6 5:00 PM
                    Er... yes - but this grad school thing, and two more major caveats...

                    This is a plot with a longer fuse, and I'm a craftsman not an artist...

                    (Gonna go have to stock up and do a LOT of carving this summer, I see...)

                    isttd,
                    Mir