Re: [sig] Pennsic Plans - CLASSES

    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 23, 2008
      Patricia,

      I think your outline looks good. The trick I think
      will be to give it a catchy title, like "Lithuania,
      the Biggest Country You Never Heard Of" or something
      like that. As for the description, my mistress taught
      me that you should always start with the questions you
      intend to answer in class. Also, I think you might
      want to think about why Lithuania is important to
      european medieval history. That could be a good
      starting point for a class description, and to draw
      people in.

      You'll probably end up listed in Culture and History.
      You can specifically request crossposting if you want;
      I'm asking for my 'AKC for the SCA' class to be
      crosslisted in SCA Life and Animal Husbandry. But the
      Pennsic U people will let you know where they'll list
      you, and give you an opportunity to fine tune that if
      you want to.

      Handouts are optional, so you don't have to provide a
      bibliography if you don't want to, though I try to do
      so always -- it gives people a reference to go to
      after War. And you can include websites, if you feel
      they're reputable. I include a few "Websites Of
      Interest" on my biblio, usually to plug the work of
      other SIG members!

      I know how you feel when you say "only a drop in the
      bucket of what I NEED to know" because I often feel
      the EXACT SAME WAY! :D But if you double check your
      resources, and you're confident of their veracity, and
      you're willing to stand up and talk to interested
      listeners about a subject you love, then you are so
      far ahead of the game, you won't have any problems.
      The absolute BEAUTY of Pennsic University is that the
      people who are teaching LOVE their subject matter, and
      come to teach with enthusiasm, and the people who
      attend the classes do so VOLUNTARILY and they WANT to
      know what you have to teach. Win - win Education. :D

      --Cheers,
      Sfandra

      ******************
      Posadnitsa Sfandra Dmitrieva Chernigova
      Haus Von Drakenklaue
      Kingdom of the East
      Never 'pearl' your butt.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 19, 2009
        I missed the 3 hr. part....I'll have to bug out justĀ  before 2 to do my class just down the way! Can we shorten it or could someone take over the last hr.? Sorry, when it rains it pours!!!!

        Best Regards,
        'dok