Re: [sig] Pennsic Plans - CLASSES

    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 23, 2008
      Nice outline! Very professional. Better than any
      of mine ever have been! I think you may be selling
      yourself short as a teacher? Plus, the difference
      between a highschool kid pressing his parents buttons
      for reaction and a college kid doing the same to the
      TAs in a class is all too brief!!!
      As a teacher, I generally use a hook in my class
      intro because to me, I'm selling people on the
      persona. My first line is usually something like "you
      could have your first Russian caftan an hour after
      this class is over, for free, if you have a
      comfortable tunic you can spare...." Plus, Pennsic is
      sweltering so people's attention spans are about that
      of a 10 year old as they ooze into their seats.
      Maybe you could do the same with Lithuanian?
      Converting a garment is the easiest way for folks to
      start a new persona, like buying a different car or
      buying a new look clotheswise....
      'dok

      Best Regards,
      'dok

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 19, 2009
        I missed the 3 hr. part....I'll have to bug out justĀ  before 2 to do my class just down the way! Can we shorten it or could someone take over the last hr.? Sorry, when it rains it pours!!!!

        Best Regards,
        'dok